Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.3+][V3.1.1] BETA! | utter! | Your OFFLINE voice controlled personal assistant

OP brandall

27th April 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #701  
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 245

1,408 posts
On my gb 2.3.5 lg P920 nutter always tells me it recognises android system in my root command but says it has not found a command to process so no matter what I say root functions do not work despite nutter showing in its text the command I just issued.

I can also confirm the problem reported by someone earlier where an error is given if you ask for the time in places with two words such as new delhi or new york.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk
27th April 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #702  
Thanks Meter: 8

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall

Hi folks, going to post this now before I tidy up the code - Let me know if it works ok!

Android system, reboot recovery

Android system, reboot bootloader

That's pretty much it!

Oh, it will only work on rooted devices of course!

I'm a bit of a newb, so i have to ask. What is the difference between reboot bootloader and reboot? I understand reboot recovery...but not the difference between the first two.

Thanks,
27th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #703  
Thanks Meter: 344

619 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskaa

I'm a bit of a newb, so i have to ask. What is the difference between reboot bootloader and reboot? I understand reboot recovery...but not the difference between the first two.

Thanks,

Reboot will reboot you back into Android. Reboot bootloader boots you into the bootloader, where you can boot into recovery, use fastboot tools, or flash another recovery/radios/splash screen (etc.).
28th April 2012, 11:12 AM   |  #704  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4,666

2,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99problemz

Really quiet in here while B is away

I'm not here! Nope... taking a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghaviraj

That's what i suggested to so many developers, the key is to record your voice and assign to a function, when i speak "call jam"none of the voice engine recognizes my voice and match it, may be my accent is different, thus manually recording a person command and assigning it with a task is the way to work, hope this happens

from raj's s2

This will DEFINITELY happen - a fundamental of utter! Just experimenting with the best ways to store the associated voice commands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttamirt

On time tab, there's a problem when city name consists of two or more words. For example, when you say 'time in New Delhi, India', string returned from google displays it correctly, but (n)utter! will say 'you have to say country or state name after city ...'

btw, boot menu works great.

Noted, thanks - I've got some ideas of how to make this work, but quite far down the to-do list. Want to focus on some other alpha features tests before I polish everything up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskaa

Thanks,

You've probably booted into bootloader many times already through the rooting process. The bootloader needs to be unlocked in order to flash a custom ROM. Boot into bootloader and have a glance - you'll probably recognise it. Reboot is just a plain 'restart' of the device.

If you're still using the root version that's kicking around, please do make sure you have a recent Nandroid - although the commands run are very harmless, when doing anything with root access it's always better to be safe than sorry...
The Following User Says Thank You to brandall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #705  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

2,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermentality

On my gb 2.3.5 lg P920 nutter always tells me it recognises android system in my root command but says it has not found a command to process so no matter what I say root functions do not work despite nutter showing in its text the command I just issued.

Just to confirm, you are saying for example "Android system, reboot recovery" in one complete sentence?

But it's saying it detected no further command? And you can see the above in the world list?
28th April 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #706  
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 245

1,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall

Just to confirm, you are saying for example "Android system, reboot recovery" in one complete sentence?

But it's saying it detected no further command? And you can see the above in the world list?

I made a schoolboy error, embarrasingly. On my phone when it spoke the possible commands it pauses on the commands so it sounded like "android system reboot, boatloader" I just re checked as I was therefore saying "android system reboot" and "android system recovery" but it did work when I said "android system reboot bootloader" so it was human error not nutter error on this occasion. Sorry about that.

Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to mistermentality For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #707  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

2,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermentality

I made a schoolboy error, embarrasingly. On my phone when it spoke the possible commands it pauses on the commands so it sounded like "android system reboot, boatloader" I just re checked as I was therefore saying "android system reboot" and "android system recovery" but it did work when I said "android system reboot bootloader" so it was human error not nutter error on this occasion. Sorry about that.

Dave

Anything that isn't a (n)utter error is good news to me!
29th April 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #708  
Thanks Meter: 199

725 posts
Been kinda slow to test since I've been trying to study, but on my tablet (now back in Gingerbread instead of Honeycomb), it just says "I'm feeling sleepy" and doesn't do anything. It does recognize the commands, though. While I'm on the topic of Gingerbread, I'll go ahead and mention that the tabs are messed up for me, too. All the tabs are squished into the viewing area, so Bluetooth and Contacts are cutoff, unlike on my phone.

On my phone, reboot and reboot recovery work great, but reboot bootloader just reboots the system as normal. This may have something to do with the fact that I have a Motorola with their tightly locked bootloader, as manually choosing the option through my ROM's reboot menu doesn't make it go into the bootloader, either. Not really a huge issue for me, personally, since the only reason I'm in the bootloader is if I need to SBF, in which case I more than likely can't access the main system anyway.

I did notice that utter! doesn't even finish the "I'm feeling sleepy" sentence on my phone. It gets to "I'm fee" and the phone shuts off.

Oh, one question. Any plans to have the UI rotate when the device rotates?

Enjoy your break!
The Following User Says Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #709  
Flag Ghent
Thanks Meter: 53

209 posts
More
This is gonna be so great for ,my tablet! Thanks brandall:)

Sent from my VTAB1008 using XDA
30th April 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #710  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

2,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

Been kinda slow to test since I've been trying to study, but on my tablet (now back in Gingerbread instead of Honeycomb), it just says "I'm feeling sleepy" and doesn't do anything. It does recognize the commands, though.

Thanks for confirming - I changed some of the code from the test version I released to make it better - It appears it didn't make it better, it actually stopped it working on some devices! Oops... I'll return to the original code when I put the root functions back in.
Quote:

While I'm on the topic of Gingerbread, I'll go ahead and mention that the tabs are messed up for me, too. All the tabs are squished into the viewing area, so Bluetooth and Contacts are cutoff, unlike on my phone.

Can you still scroll across to the tabs that are cutoff?? Still looking for a solution for the problem that works with all Android Versions.
Quote:

On my phone, reboot and reboot recovery work great, but reboot bootloader just reboots the system as normal. This may have something to do with the fact that I have a Motorola with their tightly locked bootloader, as manually choosing the option through my ROM's reboot menu doesn't make it go into the bootloader, either. Not really a huge issue for me, personally, since the only reason I'm in the bootloader is if I need to SBF, in which case I more than likely can't access the main system anyway.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention - I don't have a Motorola device, so would never have known. Does the device have a 'fastboot' option in the Android settings? If so, and it's ticked, would you be able to try it with it un-ticked please? Cheers.
Quote:

I did notice that utter! doesn't even finish the "I'm feeling sleepy" sentence on my phone. It gets to "I'm fee" and the phone shuts off. Oh, one question. Any plans to have the UI rotate when the device rotates?

Enjoy your break!

You must have a fast and clean device I'll change it to pause the instruction until it finishes speaking. Thanks.

No plans for the UI rotate I'm afraid - The alpha UI appearance is right down there on list... utter! will of course look NOTHING like (n)utter! does at present - I just wanted to get the code in there to test as quick as possible.. Enjoyed the break thanks! But good to be back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeak

This is gonna be so great for ,my tablet! Thanks brandall:)

I hope so!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, command, speech, utter, voice assistant
Previous Thread Next Thread