Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.3]NOTEWorthy ICS BETA v2.0 (4/25/12)*UPDATED*

Tip us?
 
erwinyap69@gmail.com
Old
#1281  
erwinyap69@gmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 463
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Caller ID...Rogers Wireless Windsor Ontario Can....

[QUOTE=hyukki;25409164]Try searching for City Caller ID in Themes/Apps section. It should be there.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------



OK Thanks... I'll look today from work.... hope I can find it so I can put this rom back on....
 
id_mew
Old
#1282  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 321
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by songyop View Post
OK. I gave the tabletmod a try but reverted back to standard NOTEWorthy Beta2 after trying it out. It has some nice things about it, such as a convenient Settings and Task Manager access but the following reasons made it too difficult for me personally.
- All fonts are too small, even after I used Big Fonts to make the system fonts bigger, the app fonts were still too small for my taste.
- Constant showing of the notification bar is a waste of space for my usage pattern. I prefer full screen real estate being available at all times.
- Had much trouble with fixing Swype issue. Too small at first. Tried to reinstall a better version but wouldn't show up even after reinstall.
- Experienced additional FCs that I didn't experience prior to applying the mod for unknown reasons, i.e. Web crashing.
- MultiPicture Live Wallpaper didn't scale well to fill the screen size, as didn't few other apps as well.

I think others have better experience than I did, but as for me, I am staying with the best one that I know for now.
Thanks for the feedback. I was debating wether to try tablet mode or not. But I think ill pass.
 
biggboii
Old
#1283  
biggboii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 211
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowspeed View Post
Same here.

You're not alone.
...well, went back... cleared caches, wiped Dalvik and I have to say... this is a performing very nicely. Responds instantly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium App
 
rohankb
Old
#1284  
rohankb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 535
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seven Mile Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MColletti12 View Post
Am I the only one still not able to retrieve MMS with the new aosp fixed messenger?
I'm not getting mms with the new aosp fix either, thought it was the network...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
on (KitKat 4.4.2)
 
truth77
Old
(Last edited by truth77; 28th April 2012 at 01:26 PM.)
#1285  
truth77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 1,512
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ft Lauderdale

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankb View Post
I'm not getting mms with the new aosp fix either, thought it was the network...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Make sure you only have one Mms.apk in your file system /app if you have 2 erase or disable the mms.apk not the Mms.apk then go to manage apps and clear data for Mms.apk then reboot. Or make sure you keep the one that's a smaller mb, mine is 1.59mb with Data! this should work for you.

Oh and make sure you didn't turn your data off just cause your on wifi, don't know if you did just another troubleshooting problem found!
GALAXY NOTE II WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!
 
rohankb
Old
#1286  
rohankb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 535
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seven Mile Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth77 View Post
Make sure you only have one Mms.apk in your file system /app if you have 2 erase or disable the mms.apk not the Mms.apk then go to manage apps and clear data for Mms.apk then reboot. Or make sure you keep the one that's a smaller mb, mine is 1.59mb with Data! this should work for you.

Oh and make sure you didn't turn your data off just cause your on wifi, don't know if you did just another troubleshooting problem found!
I see one called Mms.apk and another called MmsProvisioning.apk

The Mms.apk is 1.6mb and the provisioning file is 27Kb.

My data isn't off, every thing is running fine, just after this aosp update...

And thanks for the assistance btw....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
on (KitKat 4.4.2)
 
rohankb
Old
(Last edited by rohankb; 28th April 2012 at 02:21 PM.)
#1287  
rohankb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 535
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seven Mile Beach
Ok I went into recovery wiped the Dalvik, then reinstalled the aosp mms. The old messages that were failing now show up.

But wanted to make note, I don't see any inside manage apps anything named Mms.apk, just messaging and I see mmsprovisioning.apk.

Do you see differently?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
on (KitKat 4.4.2)
 
truth77
Old
#1288  
truth77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 1,512
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ft Lauderdale

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankb View Post
I see one called Mms.apk and another called MmsProvisioning.apk

The Mms.apk is 1.6mb and the provisioning file is 27Kb.

My data isn't off, every thing is running fine, just after this aosp update...

And thanks for the assistance btw....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Try and push this to your system/app and set perms to rw-r-r then reboot! If that won't work maybe clear data in provisioning.apk

http://db.tt/Z3fCxhKM
GALAXY NOTE II WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!
 
erwinyap69@gmail.com
Old
#1289  
erwinyap69@gmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 463
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor

 
DONATE TO ME
Hi guys i ended up reinstalling this ICS rom cuz I found an app called Adaffix for Canadian Callers as I'm in Windsor Ontario on Rogers Wireless... so now I have Caller ID kind of working.... better that nothing....

This is a Very Smooth Rom! !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
 
truth77
Old
#1290  
truth77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1149
Posts: 1,512
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ft Lauderdale

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankb View Post
Ok I went into recovery wiped the Dalvik, then reinstalled the aosp mms. The old messages that were failing now show up.

But wanted to make note, I don't see any inside manage apps anything named Mms.apk, just messaging and I see mmsprovisioning.apk.

Do you see differently?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
No sorry in manage apps it says messaging but in files system/app it says Mms.apk, sorry for the confusion.
GALAXY NOTE II WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes