Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official proof of ICS update

Tip us?

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Not really official until you start actually seeing it.

If it is an incremental update as I suspect, you won't be able to flash it if you are not very close to stock. However, someone will take the update on a stock unit and make an update you can use instead.

It will be here when it is here. Until then, My phone rocks as it is. No rush, no hurry..
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

dogswind
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by demmo86rt View Post
Well, now the RAZR's update that was referred to in the original Reddit post has leaked out. May be some truth to this yet.

Ice Cream Sandwich build 6.14.84 leaks for Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX http://phandroid.com/?p=93261

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Considering the Razr/Maxx leak came within 2 megabytes of the "leaked document", I'm also starting to think it may be authentic. However, even if it is legit, dates get pushed back all the time. Verizon's word doesn't mean much to me.

demmo86rt
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogswind View Post
Considering the Razr/Maxx leak came within 2 megabytes of the "leaked document", I'm also starting to think it may be authentic. However, even if it is legit, dates get pushed back all the time. Verizon's word doesn't mean much to me.
But it gets so hard not to get excited

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

brando56894
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
I hope it is true because I want to run an AOSP Rom but I'm with you guys on the filesize, it seems to small. I guess well see in a few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TheAfroSamurai
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this! View Post
until htc fix the kernel issues i hope it's not ready.
My points exactly, or just get the source out so the kernel devs can do what they do. But I guess when I think about it there probably won't be a source release without an "official" release.

If I've helped you just show me some love and hit this

platinumrims
Old
(Last edited by platinumrims; 28th April 2012 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 314
It's dumb that CNET doesn't have the rezound listed under any best phone category. But has phones that are worse listed. Even those without ICS....

Edited because some don't use context clues. Shouldn't have posted that word anyway. Le freudian slip, I'm not explaining that word either.

Khayos
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumrims View Post
It's kinda gay that CNET doesn't have the rezound listed under any best phone category. But has phones that are worse listed. Even those without iCS....

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or to make it a simpler question, why is It gay that it's not on a list?

HTC elevate

chaos254
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayos View Post
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Or to make it a simpler question, why is It gay that it's not on a list?
The word gay doesnt always mean homosexual. Here is good explanation...

. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major LGBT groups and style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex. [2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use, the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. This usage can also refer to weakness or unmanliness. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has[4][5]
The Following User Says Thank You to chaos254 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8857

DONATE TO ME
as I agree certain words, can be said and be meant in a meaning MUCH differently than others interpret, I don't think this site will condone in that type of language here.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

socal87
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Why has it occurred to no one that it will most likely be compressed, to reduce download time and network traffic?