Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to unroot and return back to stock firmware?

OP ezechiele25172012

28th April 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Hi alls, I have my TF101 Wifi rooted with CWM Rogue Recovery and last Revolution HD ROM; I want to return back to stock original Asus firmware removing the recovery and unrooting it.
How can I do that?

thank you very much
28th April 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
getbuzzin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
http://bit.ly/JPLYsH

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Thanks Meter: 45
 
205 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
More
And around we go. Stop trying to be clever, it's not that simple.
28th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,717
 
6,694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezechiele25172012

Hi alls, I have my TF101 Wifi rooted with CWM Rogue Recovery and last Revolution HD ROM; I want to return back to stock original Asus firmware removing the recovery and unrooting it.
How can I do that?

thank you very much

Download the official firmware from Asus. Flash it with cwm and upon reboot you'll be unroot with stock recovery.
28th April 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

Download the official firmware from Asus. Flash it with cwm and upon reboot you'll be unroot with stock recovery.

Have I to rename the official firmware in something different?
Can I put it into microSD before flashing?

thanks
28th April 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #6  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,717
 
6,694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezechiele25172012

Have I to rename the official firmware in something different?
Can I put it into microSD before flashing?

thanks

No rename just extract the zip file and put it where your recovery can see it.
Boot into recovery (recommend you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache).
Flash it like you would a custom ROM.
28th April 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

No rename just extract the zip file and put it where your recovery can see it.
Boot into recovery (recommend you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache).
Flash it like you would a custom ROM.

Ok but usually when I flash a custom recovery a use the zip file in the recovery without extract it; why have I to extract it now?
28th April 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Because the official Asus firmware is zipped twice. Once you extract the file you download from the asus site you'll get the flashable zip you can use.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes