Mar 26 Mediapad ICS 4.0.3 Official RC ?

OP octpus

23rd April 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #71  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

99 posts
More
A page or two back I linked to where you can go to get the file. I didn't have to register to download it.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA
23rd April 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #72  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 16

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailM1

How do you guys manage to download B010? I can find the Chinese (?) site via the German one, but do not manage to register on it (does not display the code to enter) or to download the zip file. No English language version I can find. Any suggestions?

Here's the link to htc-developers. There is a complete rooted Version to download...(with big thx to ds7005 from android-hilfe.de)

http://www.htc-developers.de/viewtopic.php?f=551&t=9202
25th April 2012, 08:24 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 40

197 posts
More
Can I ask how much antutu score can I get with ICS?
27th April 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comec

Here's the link to htc-developers. There is a complete rooted Version to download...(with big thx to ds7005 from android-hilfe.de)

That's weird. The hdmi out doesn't seem to work on this version. It tells me it's connected but audio and video never make it out.

Nevermind, it worked after I rebooted it. Weird.
Last edited by cruton; 28th April 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: new information
27th April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 91

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comec

Many thanks, comec. sorry about delay in responding. Been travelling and had not checked until today. Will download, when I get back home to UK.

EDIT 1: Now installed the B010 and so far it is great. It installed without a hitch, my apps downloaded automatically, everything appears to be working well. Thanks again, comec!

EDIT 2 - Everytime I boot, I get a message that Aldiko has unfortunately stopped. As I do not use it, it is not a problem, but still a bit annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT 3 - Aldiko problem solved by updating the app from the Market.
Last edited by MikhailM1; 28th April 2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added additional note
28th April 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #76  

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Flake

Can I ask how much antutu score can I get with ICS?

I have just tested it for you and got a scope of 5213. However, these scores are deceptive - the real thing is how fast it feels. And it is fast, without any appreciable lag that I found.
3rd May 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #77  

179 posts
Official Huawei MediaPad ICS firmware available now from Huawei's offical web site: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...oftid=NDU1MTA=

The version is S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_ 05010YBX.zip.
On the site it is dated 28.04.2012 - do not know, if it is newer than the B010, for which the link was given above by comec.

Edit: Installed this rom - installation went smoothly and it immediately connected to my 3G network and then downloaded all my previously installed apps. So far, very smooth and fast.
Last edited by MikhailM1; 4th May 2012 at 04:37 PM.
5th May 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #78  

179 posts
SD Not seen by PC
Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?
5th May 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 16

134 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailM1

Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?

Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).
The Following User Says Thank You to rurou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #80  

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurou

Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).

Thank you, rurou. That has done it. Did not come across this setting in the other ICS roms on other devices (Desire HD and Advent Vega)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread