Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mar 26 Mediapad ICS 4.0.3 Official RC ?

Tip us?

WingCero
Old
Thanks Meter 3
A page or two back I linked to where you can go to get the file. I didn't have to register to download it.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

comec
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailM1 View Post
How do you guys manage to download B010? I can find the Chinese (?) site via the German one, but do not manage to register on it (does not display the code to enter) or to download the zip file. No English language version I can find. Any suggestions?
Here's the link to htc-developers. There is a complete rooted Version to download...(with big thx to ds7005 from android-hilfe.de)

http://www.htc-developers.de/viewtopic.php?f=551&t=9202

Corn Flake
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Can I ask how much antutu score can I get with ICS?

cruton
Old
(Last edited by cruton; 28th April 2012 at 08:26 AM.) Reason: new information
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by comec View Post
Here's the link to htc-developers. There is a complete rooted Version to download...(with big thx to ds7005 from android-hilfe.de)

That's weird. The hdmi out doesn't seem to work on this version. It tells me it's connected but audio and video never make it out.

Nevermind, it worked after I rebooted it. Weird.
AT&T Tilt stock rom

MikhailM1
Old
(Last edited by MikhailM1; 28th April 2012 at 11:42 PM.) Reason: Added additional note
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by comec View Post

Many thanks, comec. sorry about delay in responding. Been travelling and had not checked until today. Will download, when I get back home to UK.

EDIT 1: Now installed the B010 and so far it is great. It installed without a hitch, my apps downloaded automatically, everything appears to be working well. Thanks again, comec!

EDIT 2 - Everytime I boot, I get a message that Aldiko has unfortunately stopped. As I do not use it, it is not a problem, but still a bit annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT 3 - Aldiko problem solved by updating the app from the Market.

MikhailM1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Flake View Post
Can I ask how much antutu score can I get with ICS?
I have just tested it for you and got a scope of 5213. However, these scores are deceptive - the real thing is how fast it feels. And it is fast, without any appreciable lag that I found.

MikhailM1
Old
(Last edited by MikhailM1; 4th May 2012 at 04:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91
Official Huawei MediaPad ICS firmware available now from Huawei's offical web site: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...oftid=NDU1MTA=

The version is S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_ 05010YBX.zip.
On the site it is dated 28.04.2012 - do not know, if it is newer than the B010, for which the link was given above by comec.

Edit: Installed this rom - installation went smoothly and it immediately connected to my 3G network and then downloaded all my previously installed apps. So far, very smooth and fast.

MikhailM1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Default SD Not seen by PC

Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?

rurou
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailM1 View Post
Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?
Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).
The Following User Says Thank You to rurou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikhailM1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurou View Post
Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).
Thank you, rurou. That has done it. Did not come across this setting in the other ICS roms on other devices (Desire HD and Advent Vega)