Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[New Lanucher] TSF Shell

Tip us?

Mustkeg
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Too expensive to try out. Longer refund period would bei appreciated.

bllix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hesitating on this one, and not simply because of the price tag. Based on the screen shots, it just doesn't look like a big deal. Maybe there's a whole bunch of awesome customizations that I'm not seeing. This is where the price tag matters; I'm not gonna pay that much just to find out.

I've used GO and ADW launchers, and SBF shell. SBF is a tad cheaper than TSF, and pretty slick (i.e. worth paying for). However, it's probably worth mentioning that I ended up switching back to GO. Not sure if I simply got used to it, or if I'm more of a shortcut person than a widget person. Maybe it's just the dev in me talking, but flipping through 76996422 screens to view information that will make me want to open the app anyway, feels like a chore.

And now I've managed to make myself curious about TSF. Stay tuned, I may jump the gun.

__

Sent from my Tricorder

blejach
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the launcher is very very smooth, i just couldnt believe it when i tried it out. There are many different animations and the concept is quite interesting..
It is worth a try and i recommend it.

On the other hand, 17$ is too much!

xploited
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by bllix View Post
Hesitating on this one, and not simply because of the price tag. Based on the screen shots, it just doesn't look like a big deal. Maybe there's a whole bunch of awesome customizations that I'm not seeing. This is where the price tag matters; I'm not gonna pay that much just to find out.
All the features are demoed in the video. The thing is, many of them are not available yet, since the launcher is in development stage.

The biggest selling point of this launcher is the smoothness and performance.

Seriously, after using TSF Shell for a while, I installed GO Launcher and it looked like a total lag fest.
Galaxy SIII i9300 AOSP
Nexus 7

The Following User Says Thank You to xploited For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bao481
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This launcher is pretty cool!

rpdo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This launcher is excellent but very expensive, have tested read but they are still a few bugs since the first version

moto rola
Old
Thanks Meter 4
cool louncher

thx

troycarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Ok, reading the thread, I'm thinking "wow, $17 for a launcher". After watching the video, I see that it's much more than a launcher and I'm a lot more leaning towards it. Lots of eye candy, but I would hate to pop the money just to find it sucks battery life or memory.

So what is the verdict with TSF Shell and the Atrix? How much of what's in that video isn't working?
Samsung Galaxy S III (AT&T): Spirit 4.4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mo): LikeWise S5 LT NE4/ND8 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mo): Paranoid Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition): Stock 4.4.2 ROM
Samsung Galxay Tab 10.1 (7510): Infamous AOKP (MIA after a move)
Samsung Galaxy S 4G: UltraGen ROM
Motorola Atrix 4G: NoattachTrix4G ROM, Webtop 2.3.6, faux123 kernel, Multimedia dock (x2), Standard Dock (x2), Car dock (dead touch matrix)

bllix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycarpenter View Post
How much of what's in that video isn't working?
(Didn't jump the gun yet.) Also have this question...

Swiftks
Old
(Last edited by Swiftks; 28th April 2012 at 06:45 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1926
Default WAREZ WARNING!!!!

This is the second time warez has been removed from this thread.

Let me be perfectly clear...

ANY MEMBER DISTRIBUTING OR SHARING WAREZ FILES ON XDA WILL RECEIVE A IMMEDIATE INFRACTION, NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS!!!!

ANY MEMBER CAUGHT A SECOND TIME WILL BE TEMPORARILY BANNED, AND WILL BE REFERRED TO A SENIOR MODERATOR FOR A POSSIBLE PERMANENT BAN!!!!

Forum Rule #6. Do not post warez.

"If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, either pay or find your cracks and serials somewhere else. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained."