Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I Got Order & Chaos Running on nook color!!!!!

Tip us?

gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 4th January 2012 at 02:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanjr View Post
Haha yeah with my build prop edited it doesn't show still either, but if I rip the apk from a supported device, it works. Lol

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
I have my build.prop edited to SPH-P100 and have dozens of gameloft games running on my nook color without any chainfire3d (the SPH-P100 galaxy tab has similar PowerVR hardware). I used to have O&C on it but I didn't play it enough to justify the monthly fee.

The files from PowerVR type phones should work on the Nook (though they will probably be lower-res and stretch to fit). I would recommend setting your build.prop to a PowerVR tablet (like the galaxy tab) to get gameloft games with PowerVR graphics files set to the correct (1024x600) resolution.

O&C is available to me on the market with my build.prop.
The Following User Says Thank You to gallahad2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ponyboy82
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Sorry if this is a noob question, but does Order & Chaos require a subscription to play? Or can you do singleplayer offline w/o a subscription?

peanjr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy82 View Post
Sorry if this is a noob question, but does Order & Chaos require a subscription to play? Or can you do singleplayer offline w/o a subscription?
It requires a subscription. Can't play without it. Lol

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

brsingr
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahad2000 View Post
I have my build.prop edited to SPH-P100 and have dozens of gameloft games running on my nook color without any chainfire3d (the SPH-P100 galaxy tab has similar PowerVR hardware). I used to have O&C on it but I didn't play it enough to justify the monthly fee.

The files from PowerVR type phones should work on the Nook (though they will probably be lower-res and stretch to fit). I would recommend setting your build.prop to a PowerVR tablet (like the galaxy tab) to get gameloft games with PowerVR graphics files set to the correct (1024x600) resolution.

O&C is available to me on the market with my build.prop.
hmm. Do you think you can PM me your build.prop info?
Also how can you view that models market after you change the build?

gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 13th January 2012 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Open your build.prop with ES or Root explorer's text editor. Change

Device_Manufacturer = Samsung
Manufacturer_Device = SPH-P100
Device_Model = SPH-P100
ro.build.fingerprint=sprint/SPH-P100/SPH-P100:2.3.4/GINGERBREAD/EF17:user/release-keys
Clear market data
Clear google framework services data
Reboot
Test the market in a couple of hours (Not sure why but the market.android.com appears to take a while to notice the "new" device).
The Following User Says Thank You to gallahad2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 16th January 2012 at 04:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 86
I've done some verification. ro.build.fingerprint appears to be what market uses to assign compatiblity, Gameloft apps perform a further check of ro.product.model, failure gives you a "your device is not supported, please request a refund" when you first start the game.

rbgotee784
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a question I have been trying to get this game to run all day. I did my build.prop edits which worked perfectly but the problem I am having is when it goes to download the files needed it just hangs there like its getting no internet conection. I tried this with two different access points with no luck. I am running a CM7 Rom. So I moved the data info from my phone to the nook and it said i still need 7mb of data to run this program. I can log onto the browser so the connection is not the problem. I cant figure it out.