Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

v20G firmware

Tip us?
 
sak500
Old
#51  
sak500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 880
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dubai
I clean installed this rom and used TB to restore all my apps. HOwever whenever i try to install any o/c kernel like titan the network goes. So any way i can o/c v20g by just copying some relevant files? I dont' want to restore my backup as i need to keep everything stock.
 
Kaleptik
Old
#52  
Kaleptik's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,233
Posts: 3,782
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
I clean installed this rom and used TB to restore all my apps. HOwever whenever i try to install any o/c kernel like titan the network goes. So any way i can o/c v20g by just copying some relevant files? I dont' want to restore my backup as i need to keep everything stock.
Most likely, this is the same issue with V20P for the LG Thrill.
The kernel probably activates the modem differently.

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 - Stock + Xposed
Samsung Captivate - CM 11
Samsung Galaxy S II - AOKP
 
sak500
Old
#53  
sak500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 880
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lestat View Post
Most likely, this is the same issue with V20P for the LG Thrill.
The kernel probably activates the modem differently.
thanks, any workaround?
 
Kaleptik
Old
#54  
Kaleptik's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,233
Posts: 3,782
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
thanks, any workaround?
Not unless the kernel is modified itself. If you want to use V20G, you'll have to use the stock kernel.

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 - Stock + Xposed
Samsung Captivate - CM 11
Samsung Galaxy S II - AOKP
 
Meemo23
Old
#55  
Meemo23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 566
Posts: 1,069
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Under my bed...

 
DONATE TO ME
Correction if you want to use V20G you use any 21D kernel, i made a V20G rom that will be released soon i have figured that if you use a 21D kernel you can use bluetooth and wifi no problem...
The Following User Says Thank You to Meemo23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sak500
Old
#56  
sak500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 880
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo23 View Post
Correction if you want to use V20G you use any 21D kernel, i made a V20G rom that will be released soon i have figured that if you use a 21D kernel you can use bluetooth and wifi no problem...
Which v21D kernel can we use w/o installing any v21D rom? I've tried titan and bluekernel both disable network. wifi works but main prob is network.
 
Meemo23
Old
#57  
Meemo23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 566
Posts: 1,069
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Under my bed...

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
Which v21D kernel can we use w/o installing any v21D rom? I've tried titan and bluekernel both disable network. wifi works but main prob is network.
I used v0.5 and o.4 i can use my networks are you sure you even have the settings installed a kernel does not in anyway effect network...
 
sak500
Old
#58  
sak500's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 880
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dubai
My phone is working at the moment so the network is not a problem on v20g only when I install any oc kernel. Anyway the performance is quite good and bat stats is working again so I don't want to install any other ROM

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
Phone = S4 i9500 16GB (Octa Core)
ROM = Various
Kernel = Various
SD = 64GB Sandisk class 10
 
cheong12001
Old
#59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 132
Join Date: May 2011
i would like to know how the progress of Ghost call problem with this V20G
is anyone installed the V20G have encountered the ghost call yet
i would like to hear the answer of "not yet"
can all of you report the progress ???
and how is Meemo23' experience on this rom and your self-made V20G rom ?
i am looking to all of your effort and always thank all of you for testing the problem
i am tired of repeated testing and waiting for the ghost call.
thus, i was staying in froyo and still waiting for a gb rom which is ghost free!!!
 
xbsall
Old
#60  
xbsall's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,910
Posts: 1,784
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Not yet but i m not using it much these days.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA
Ported V30B ICS ROM for P920 total downloads: over 31000 .
Post your questions on threads. PM's will not be answered.
 


Click here to see all my threads on XDA-Developer's Forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to xbsall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes