Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Blade CM7 (Kang Development)

Tip us?

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 594
Hey guys, long time no see!!

First off, sorry to post this here, but I know that all the knowledgeable Blade people read this tread so here it is...

My gf seems to have issues with her Blade regarding SMS; some messages come in fine but others, she never get them.

Her phone is currently running Targetbsp's Feb26th Kang (with it's default boot.img) and other than that issue, everything seems to run fine.

I do not have access to her phone very often for debugging/rom testing purposes, so that's why I try to minimize the changes (of ROM) and stick with what works [so please do not just tell me to install the latest build..unless you're sure that the risk of new bugs is minimal ]

So I'm wondering if she has the proper baseband installed for our network.
On my phone (also running cm7), there is a baseband selection option within settings and I can easily change that to match our carrier's frequency. But on her Blade, I don't seems to find such option; I even don't find any bp_nvm_default folder where radio files are stored on mine.

So anyone has a suggestion for me in this matter?
Anyone experienced such issue before with CM7 on the Blade?
How can I try to fix her SMS problems once I get my hands on her phone later on?

Thanks a bunch.

Gokh
Old
Thanks Meter 125
This is a probleme with gingerbread, some sms dont come, try this app for see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.GhostSMS

Send from my ZTE Blade!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gokh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saaransh9
Old
Thanks Meter 150
i never had such problem but it might be some problem with the settings i did change it the first time i changes to cm but m not sure what i did
Current device- ZTE blade
ROM- Cyanogemod 7.2 kang burgerz 29 feb,cm9 coldfuion

Mods-
Beats audio
Bravia engine
New adreno libs

I HELPED YOU ???
Do HIT THIS BUTTON

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 594
[QUOTE=Gokh;25241286]This is a probleme with gingerbread, some sms dont come, try this app for see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.GhostSMS
QUOTE]
Hi,

Well, not the answer I was expecting, but thanks anyway.
Fist time I hear that this could be a GB issue (and about the app also).
I did install it and gave it a try and it seems to do the job; I sent her two sms, that app caugh them both but the default Messaging app did not - confirming the problem and the workaround.

Merci!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaransh9 View Post
i never had such problem but it might be some problem with the settings i did change it the first time i changes to cm but m not sure what i did
I've never experienced that either with my phone on GB also... It's possible that a setting is responsible, but I kind of doubt it since how could it be intermittent then?

saaransh9
Old
Thanks Meter 150
[QUOTE='[] AL [];25256632']
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokh View Post
This is a probleme with gingerbread, some sms dont come, try this app for see https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.GhostSMS
QUOTE]
Hi,

I did install it and gave it a try and it seems to do the job; I sent her two sms, that app caugh them both but the default Messaging app did not - confirming the problem and the workaround.

Merci!

I've never experienced that either with my phone on GB also... It's possible that a setting is responsible, but I kind of doubt it since how could it be intermittent then?
btw how many messages are there in her inbox
Current device- ZTE blade
ROM- Cyanogemod 7.2 kang burgerz 29 feb,cm9 coldfuion

Mods-
Beats audio
Bravia engine
New adreno libs

I HELPED YOU ???
Do HIT THIS BUTTON

wbaw
Old
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE='[] AL [];25256632']
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokh View Post
QUOTE]
Hi,

Merci!

is it a 256mb blade? maybe the messaging app is being killed due to low memory. there is an option to lock it in memory, in cm7, in cm settings -> performance
The Following User Says Thank You to wbaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaw View Post
is it a 256mb blade? maybe the messaging app is being killed due to low memory. there is an option to lock it in memory, in cm7, in cm settings -> performance
I believe it is a 256Mb -yes (and unfortunately).

This is also what I suspect that is going on [as opposed to the 'GB problem'..].

I knew that there was an option to keep the launcher in memory but not the messaging app; I will sure have a look/try at it later -as she'll be out of town for the next few days and the SMS Ghostly method does work for now...

I'm kind of worried to set both options on as the ram is extremely limited on her phone and could affect how the other apps perform with even more limited memory. But launcher redraws exiting any app and now that messaging problem..., I might have no choice since those are pretty much 2 of the 3 most important functions of the phone...That just proves how bad that choice of design was to start with...

Anyway.. thanks

RomWiz
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,191

DONATE TO ME
Any screenshots?

Sent from my AOKP phone

Work and time needs gratitude Donate to me

wbaw
Old
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
I believe it is a 256Mb -yes (and unfortunately).

This is also what I suspect that is going on [as opposed to the 'GB problem'..].

I knew that there was an option to keep the launcher in memory but not the messaging app; I will sure have a look/try at it later -as she'll be out of town for the next few days and the SMS Ghostly method does work for now...

I'm kind of worried to set both options on as the ram is extremely limited on her phone and could affect how the other apps perform with even more limited memory. But launcher redraws exiting any app and now that messaging problem..., I might have no choice since those are pretty much 2 of the 3 most important functions of the phone...That just proves how bad that choice of design was to start with...

Anyway.. thanks
It's probably why there isn't any official ZTE Gingerbread for 256mb Blades. I never have these problems on my San Francisco.

carbonize
Old
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Anyone else finding that Beats Audio & Sony Xloud Flash Via CWM gives them an error when they try to flash it?