Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anker 2x 1800mAh

Tip us?

justan00b
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleChris View Post
is there a way to do just the kernel to the phone and nothing else.
Was wondering the same thing.. guess I'll give it a shot on my fascinate, trying stock gingerbread with the KGB kernel and see if it works.. anyone have any objections or can give me any info?

What ROMs are you guys using anyway? I'm stuck debating between GeeWiz, TSM, and SuperClean, but it seemed like reading through the threads they all have their own problems, like Google Navigation not working.. any comments on what ROM to go with?

Thanks!!

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justan00b View Post
Was wondering the same thing.. guess I'll give it a shot on my fascinate, trying stock gingerbread with the KGB kernel and see if it works.. anyone have any objections or can give me any info?

What ROMs are you guys using anyway? I'm stuck debating between GeeWiz, TSM, and SuperClean, but it seemed like reading through the threads they all have their own problems, like Google Navigation not working.. any comments on what ROM to go with?

Thanks!!
I dont think your gonna get many people left on GB my friend ICS is glorious and everything works....
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

justan00b
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
I dont think your gonna get many people left on GB my friend ICS is glorious and everything works....
Any particular ICS ROM you recommend? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1538

DONATE TO ME
Anyone that bought this want to part with one of the batteries? Have no use for 2 or the charger.

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justan00b View Post
Any particular ICS ROM you recommend? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
AOKP Unicorn seems to be most popular, but gummy and cm9 kangs are popular too.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

slackboxed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just got my Anker 2x 1800 batteries and universal charger from amazon yesterday for my Samsung Fascinate running AOKP32glitchedv14. After opening the package, I immediately noticed how incredibly stupid this "universal" charger is. It was made in China but that's no excuse i've certainly gotten better chargers than this out of China. For example, before I figured out that the whole bottom half of the charger slides on springs. I had no idea!! The bottom half also rotates which is how most people probably think the battery is installed. Definitely not.

Anyways, after figuring the battery charger out I stuck one on the charger, plugged it in and noticed the LED doesn't display the correct colors when the tethered charge is plugged in as well. Whatever who cares stupid charger but it seems like you are required to use this thing to charge the batteries although I haven't confirmed.

The batteries themselves are some of the highest quality batteries I've ever seen come out of china. I'm still discharging the first one from yesterday and i'm still not close to running it dead. I left my device on idle all night with wifi on and sync on and it only used about 2-3% over the course of 7-8 hours I love it! I have a feeling these batteries are going to last 24hrs for me easily. I don't know about switching them and having the other discharge yet as I'm still trying to discharge the first lol

sageDieu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419
the batteries do charge just fine in the phone. but yeah the wall charger is kinda crappy, it does what it does which is charge the second battery so I'm not complaining, especially when the alternative was just one 1800 epic touch battery for the same price.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung Galaxy S4

Google Nexus 7 2013

JustinFields95
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Bought these should be here tomorrow and will test them this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to JustinFields95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
Forgot to charge me phone last night.. Started the day on 30 %, and made it to 3pm.... Good thing I got another battery :)

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

vlucchetti
Old
Thanks Meter 71
These thing don't want to die. Want to get through the first 4 or 5 cycles and drain them down to nothing, so I have everything turned on and they just keep running.