Originally Posted by clubtech
Now that ICS has been released i have a few questions for current Mediapad owners that hopefully will help me decide if want to get one
1) I know that the mediapad is not the benchmark leader, do games like "temple run" and "wind up knight" run smoothly on it?
2) Is the native android SIP (internet calling) enabled in the final ICS version?
3) I read a lot of complaint out the touchscreen sensitivity. Has it been fixed in the latest ICS build?
4) How the web browser?
5) When you connect your mediapad through the HDMI out, how is the picture quality?
Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
2) no. At least it isn't exposed in the Huawei native phone app.
3) still the same, at least compared to the last beta build. Not really a problem though. But the jitter is more pronounced in high resolution setting (basically it will set the dpi to low, thus would look like 10" tablet scaled to 7"... Everything is smaller).
4) never encountered any problem. You can also use other browser like Dolphin and it would also be accelerated (basically Dolphin runs very smooth in ICS vs laggish in Galaxy Note).
5) looks low resolution (unless for portrait apps). So basically the same as previous build. I haven't use HC, so I don't know how much better it supposed to be, but compared to Galaxy Note, the note have better image quality but everything run more sluggish when using HDMI compared to mediapad which run very smooth but at lower resolution (and probably lower color depth also?).