Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GB ROM that supports Bluetooth Keyboards/Mouse

OP knowthenazz

28th April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, Canada (Samsung Galaxy S2/Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Google Nexus 7)
Thanks Meter: 3

153 posts
More
Hi,

I'm trying to find a P1000 Gingerbread ROM that will support Bluetooth keyboards and mice.

I'm currently running Overcome 4.10, and RedPill 2.00 kernel. With this combination and with the original Overcome kernel, I was able to pair with my Bluetooth keyboard, but, not connect to it.

From this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1502638

It seems like a 2.3.5 and a 2.3.6 kernel wont work properly with Bluetooth connections..

So is there still a stable, fast 2.3.4 ROM that supports Bluetooth keyboards and mice available? I don't even mind going back to stock, but, I can't seem to find one.

I'm on the Canadian Bell P1000.

Thanks!
28th April 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I am on BOCA RC2 v2.0.8. I've tried a Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo on this ROM, and it first behaved as you say: paired bu not connected. It stayed the same when I selected it and tried to connect. However, I could use both the mouse and keyboard functionality in this state. Later, when I looked at it on the Blutooth settings page, I've seen that the state changed to "connected".
28th April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhallac

I am on BOCA RC2 v2.0.8. I've tried a Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo on this ROM, and it first behaved as you say: paired bu not connected. It stayed the same when I selected it and tried to connect. However, I could use both the mouse and keyboard functionality in this state. Later, when I looked at it on the Blutooth settings page, I've seen that the state changed to "connected".

Hi vhallac,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've read that in other threads as well, and I've tried it with Overcome, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Did you do anything else to get the keyboard/mouse to work? Or did you just wait a bit?

Thanks!
29th April 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthenazz

Did you do anything else to get the keyboard/mouse to work? Or did you just wait a bit?

Nothing special. I got stuck on pairing a little until I figured out entering the PIN. Clicked the device, selected connect, and while it was trying to connect (which took a while), I got bored and moved the mouse, and I had a pointer on screen (while it was still reporting that it wanted to connect). I switched to an edit box and tried the keyboard, and it worked. When I got back to the settings screen, it reported that it was connected. Probably a refresh issue on the UI.

Out of curiosity, do you have the file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/input.so? I guess that's the library for handling HID.
29th April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhallac

Nothing special. I got stuck on pairing a little until I figured out entering the PIN. Clicked the device, selected connect, and while it was trying to connect (which took a while), I got bored and moved the mouse, and I had a pointer on screen (while it was still reporting that it wanted to connect). I switched to an edit box and tried the keyboard, and it worked. When I got back to the settings screen, it reported that it was connected. Probably a refresh issue on the UI.

Out of curiosity, do you have the file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/input.so? I guess that's the library for handling HID.

Hi again,

Yup, I have the directory and the input.so file.

Hmm, well, I suspect that it's a bit flaky for 2.3.6.

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping someone might post link to a 2.3.4 ROM that might work properly. But few ROMs seem to keep the links to previous versions for some reason.

Thanks again for your help!
29th April 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 26

332 posts
Donate to Me
More
Had the same issue with a few that I tried, and none worked "out of the box" but when you grab an app from the market then had no probs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.blueinput or this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uekeyboard.ime worked perfectly for me
The Following User Says Thank You to alexgogan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan

Had the same issue with a few that I tried, and none worked "out of the box" but when you grab an app from the market then had no probs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.blueinput or this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uekeyboard.ime worked perfectly for me

Hi alexgogan,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them out and report back!
1st May 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 26

332 posts
Donate to Me
More
No probs hope they work out for ya

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
1st May 2012, 01:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 9

38 posts
I am using a chinese BT keyboard with the Overcome 4.1.0 and it's working out of the box. I used to use a BT mouse as well, but that was with 4.0.0.

I don't know the exact problem you are getting. The only problem i got with keyboard was, when pairing, it asked to enter some digits in keyboard and press the enter key. But it gave me around 2 seconds to do that, failing which resulted in no pairing. So i just sped up my fingers and it paired and worked beautifully.

I can't verify more things now, as currently I am on CM9 ICS 4.0.4 build. Keyboard works fine here as well though.
17th May 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan

Hi alexgogan,

I finally managed to get the Galaxy Tab back in my hands for a bit, and I tried your suggestion. Actually, I tried this one (Only because it was reviewed slightly higher):

Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2JzZXJ2aWNlIl0.

And like you said, it seems to work now! My bluetooth icon doesn't indicate a connection for some reason, but, the keyboards connect quite well.

Thanks for your help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread