Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GB ROM that supports Bluetooth Keyboards/Mouse

Tip us?

knowthenazz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Location: Vancouver, Canada (Samsung Galaxy S2/Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Google Nexus 7)
Default GB ROM that supports Bluetooth Keyboards/Mouse

Hi,

I'm trying to find a P1000 Gingerbread ROM that will support Bluetooth keyboards and mice.

I'm currently running Overcome 4.10, and RedPill 2.00 kernel. With this combination and with the original Overcome kernel, I was able to pair with my Bluetooth keyboard, but, not connect to it.

From this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1502638

It seems like a 2.3.5 and a 2.3.6 kernel wont work properly with Bluetooth connections..

So is there still a stable, fast 2.3.4 ROM that supports Bluetooth keyboards and mice available? I don't even mind going back to stock, but, I can't seem to find one.

I'm on the Canadian Bell P1000.

Thanks!

vhallac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am on BOCA RC2 v2.0.8. I've tried a Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo on this ROM, and it first behaved as you say: paired bu not connected. It stayed the same when I selected it and tried to connect. However, I could use both the mouse and keyboard functionality in this state. Later, when I looked at it on the Blutooth settings page, I've seen that the state changed to "connected".

knowthenazz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Location: Vancouver, Canada (Samsung Galaxy S2/Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Google Nexus 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhallac View Post
I am on BOCA RC2 v2.0.8. I've tried a Logitech diNovo Mini keyboard/mouse combo on this ROM, and it first behaved as you say: paired bu not connected. It stayed the same when I selected it and tried to connect. However, I could use both the mouse and keyboard functionality in this state. Later, when I looked at it on the Blutooth settings page, I've seen that the state changed to "connected".

Hi vhallac,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've read that in other threads as well, and I've tried it with Overcome, but it didn't seem to work for me.

Did you do anything else to get the keyboard/mouse to work? Or did you just wait a bit?

Thanks!

vhallac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthenazz View Post
Did you do anything else to get the keyboard/mouse to work? Or did you just wait a bit?
Nothing special. I got stuck on pairing a little until I figured out entering the PIN. Clicked the device, selected connect, and while it was trying to connect (which took a while), I got bored and moved the mouse, and I had a pointer on screen (while it was still reporting that it wanted to connect). I switched to an edit box and tried the keyboard, and it worked. When I got back to the settings screen, it reported that it was connected. Probably a refresh issue on the UI.

Out of curiosity, do you have the file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/input.so? I guess that's the library for handling HID.

knowthenazz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhallac View Post
Nothing special. I got stuck on pairing a little until I figured out entering the PIN. Clicked the device, selected connect, and while it was trying to connect (which took a while), I got bored and moved the mouse, and I had a pointer on screen (while it was still reporting that it wanted to connect). I switched to an edit box and tried the keyboard, and it worked. When I got back to the settings screen, it reported that it was connected. Probably a refresh issue on the UI.

Out of curiosity, do you have the file /system/lib/bluez-plugin/input.so? I guess that's the library for handling HID.

Hi again,

Yup, I have the directory and the input.so file.

Hmm, well, I suspect that it's a bit flaky for 2.3.6.

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping someone might post link to a 2.3.4 ROM that might work properly. But few ROMs seem to keep the links to previous versions for some reason.

Thanks again for your help!

alexgogan
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Had the same issue with a few that I tried, and none worked "out of the box" but when you grab an app from the market then had no probs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.blueinput or this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uekeyboard.ime worked perfectly for me
Current

Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 - One of these days - YES Sudden Death Chip!!!!
  • I9300XXELLA
  • 3.0.31-742798
  • JZ054K.I9300XXELLA
Sony Xperia LT26i Rooted Bootloader Locked
  • 8660-AAABQOLYM-314010-22
  • 3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01956-g43358ca
  • 6.1.A.2.45

In the drawer sometimes played with
Galaxy Tab GT-P1010 rooted stock rom
Xperia i10
Palm Pre
Galaxy S i9000
The Following User Says Thank You to alexgogan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

knowthenazz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan View Post
Had the same issue with a few that I tried, and none worked "out of the box" but when you grab an app from the market then had no probs https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.blueinput or this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uekeyboard.ime worked perfectly for me
Hi alexgogan,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them out and report back!

alexgogan
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
No probs hope they work out for ya

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
Current

Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 - One of these days - YES Sudden Death Chip!!!!
  • I9300XXELLA
  • 3.0.31-742798
  • JZ054K.I9300XXELLA
Sony Xperia LT26i Rooted Bootloader Locked
  • 8660-AAABQOLYM-314010-22
  • 3.0.8+1.0.21100-30145-01956-g43358ca
  • 6.1.A.2.45

In the drawer sometimes played with
Galaxy Tab GT-P1010 rooted stock rom
Xperia i10
Palm Pre
Galaxy S i9000

obahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am using a chinese BT keyboard with the Overcome 4.1.0 and it's working out of the box. I used to use a BT mouse as well, but that was with 4.0.0.

I don't know the exact problem you are getting. The only problem i got with keyboard was, when pairing, it asked to enter some digits in keyboard and press the enter key. But it gave me around 2 seconds to do that, failing which resulted in no pairing. So i just sped up my fingers and it paired and worked beautifully.

I can't verify more things now, as currently I am on CM9 ICS 4.0.4 build. Keyboard works fine here as well though.

knowthenazz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgogan View Post
Hi alexgogan,

I finally managed to get the Galaxy Tab back in my hands for a bit, and I tried your suggestion. Actually, I tried this one (Only because it was reviewed slightly higher):

Bluetooth Keyboard Easyconnect
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2JzZXJ2aWNlIl0.

And like you said, it seems to work now! My bluetooth icon doesn't indicate a connection for some reason, but, the keyboards connect quite well.

Thanks for your help!