28th April 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #11  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag South River, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,485

864 posts
Donate to Me
More
Two questions that'll help this move forward:

Have you wiped data / factory reset before installing?

Can you pull a logcat?
28th April 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #12  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Doing a backup of my stock rom now, then i'll fire it up and see if I can pull a logcat for you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok unfortunately the phone boot loops too fast. Literally the Samsung logo pops up for about 1 second then it restarts. adb never picks the device up so I can't pull a logcat. This was after a factory data/cache reset. Once I restored the stock rom logcat worked fine so my adb setup on this machine appears to be correct. I got time to mess with anything this weekend so if you got anything else to try let me know, i'll be able to test it for you.
28th April 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #13  
Flag South River, NJ

864 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsh0083

Doing a backup of my stock rom now, then i'll fire it up and see if I can pull a logcat for you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok unfortunately the phone boot loops too fast. Literally the Samsung logo pops up for about 1 second then it restarts. adb never picks the device up so I can't pull a logcat. This was after a factory data/cache reset. Once I restored the stock rom logcat worked fine so my adb setup on this machine appears to be correct. I got time to mess with anything this weekend so if you got anything else to try let me know, i'll be able to test it for you.

Thank you. I'll rework this then. Try flashing this then k0nanes kernel right afterwards. If that boots then I made a kernel booboo

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using xda premium
28th April 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #14  
Flag Atlanta

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starskyrob

Thank you. I'll rework this then. Try flashing this then k0nanes kernel right afterwards. If that boots then I made a kernel booboo

Bingo! That booted. It did lock up on me when setting up my google account but i'll restart the process and logcat the whole thing for you.
28th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #15  
Flag Atlanta

5 posts
More
Ok so heres what I got. First logcat in the zip is right after install and flashing k0nane's kernel. Then it hotbooted on me before I could really do anything. Second logcat is after it boots up, I enter my google account info and it then says "Communicating with google servers blah blah." After a minute or so of that it hotboots again. If I try again the same thing will keep happening.

Hope that helps you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip foxstarlogcat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (155.0 KB, 18 views)
28th April 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #16  
Flag South River, NJ

864 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay I got a Google services framework error. Easy fix. Thank you very much for the log and help.

29th April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #17  
Flag South River, NJ

864 posts
Donate to Me
More
new build posted. please test and report back ! :]]
29th April 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3,767

3,981 posts
More
Expect great things, folks!
29th April 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #19  
Flag Atlanta

5 posts
More
Wow glad the blaze community is coming out the woodwork for you... :P Seems like I gotta stop being the lurker I normally am.

Ok this time, it appears kernel boots... BUUUUT. Nothing after that. Logcat only shows the following.

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

That should help lol, pretty clear error it seems. Screen obviously just goes blank after kernel boot and it the error is dumped. Then the phone does nothing.
30th April 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
downloaded and flashed..the phone doesn't boot at all. just shows the samsung galaxy s boot animation and then black.

is this some generic rom cooked up in some kitchen? or is this a real dev rom?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread