1st review of Longhorn 2.6
Hello! firstly, thank you so much for the hard work of putting this together! i'm so glad!
I did a completely fresh install wiped everything all recalibrated over olleh 407, from streakdroid 1.9
Everything works! NOT A SINGLE REBOOT IN 2 WEEKS
front and back camera & flash - yes!
bluetooth - yes!
wireless - yes!
GPS - yes!
Audio & headphones - Yes
bluetooth audio -yes!
Improvements over stock:
1. nice bootup from ICS - better than streakdroids boot animation
2. power off features - screenshot, reboot.
3. notification power options - wifi, bluetooth, gps, sound.
4. battery notifier in percentile
5. its android 2.3.7!
6. nearly vanilla install - no bloatware
8. got rid of Dell StageUI! thank you
9. nice blue glow font
10. no slow-down freezes - huge improvement over earlier roms that i've tried.
Glitches or bugs - (maybe known issues - forgive my ignorance)
1. GPS noticably lags in finding location in google maps & navigation compared to olleh 407 & streakdroid 1.9. easily 10+ seconds longer
2. GPS loses signal often, say 3 out of 5 times in google navigation if i have to change destination or take a wrong turn. even olleh 407 lost GPS compared to streakdroid 1.9
3. sporatic problems with motion sensor or accelerometer (whatever its called) when switching from portrait to landscape. specifically when in landscape flipping the phone upside down. the orientation doesn't flip. I have to move to portrait and then around to landscape again. tried diff launchers same prob
4. browser and facebook app seems noticeably slower compared to olleh 407 FB takes an easy extra 3-4 seconds to load home page.
5. battery drain seems high - but its difficult to tell with the percentile depreciation, and i dont know how to measure it. but my phone dies sooner than it did before. :S
6. no landscape lock screen
7. AndExplor - not my first choice in file explorer - is there no way to make it uninstallable? prefer ES file explorer or Astro for network connectivity
8. Phone dialer buttons are all black - is that intended? i thought the dialer in olleh 407 was better. not a complaint more an inquiry
9. Phone volume - there was a modification in here, because even at the lowest volume setting is very loud. too loud, and when at max the audio clips - too much gain. in a quiet environment people in the same room can hear my conversation clearly while its on the lowest setting. its too loud.
10. - perhaps just my phone - but i have to push the power button 2-3x on average just to cause the screen to light up. it flashes quickly but doesn't turn on until 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th try.
11.periodically the led on the middle hardware button (context button between home and back) is lit and stays lit while the screen is off. its odd, sometimes it happens other times not.
12. when i push the powerbutton the screen turns off but immediately turns back on, every time. sometimes 2, 3 even 4 times in a row. finally it just turns off properly.
13. haptic feedback works for a while then stops working then comes back... in and out of a sentence as short as this one.
Please let me know if you need any further information or what a suitable donation is. I'd like to have some of these addressed and if money makes you work faster, say the word!