Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update coming soon...

Tip us?

SirBindy
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie View Post
A 61 mb update to ics.... Sounds sketchy to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Yeah no crap dude, it's NOT the ICS update... it's just another Gingerbread maintenance release.

elijahtan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Seriously hate the fact that ics has been delayed so heavily

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

orkillakilla
Old
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahtan View Post
Seriously hate the fact that ics has been delayed so heavily

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
What do you mean delayed heavily? It was announced not too long ago, and given no eta, so how can it be delayed?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
If I've helped you in some way, hit the "Thanks" button!
Follow me on Twitter: @orkillakilla

KillaSense for the ThunderBolt

DaRkL3AD3R
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Imho, anytime a phone 1 year old or less has to wait 6+ months for a new Android OS upgrade, the OEM is failing to live up to Google and more importantly, the customers, standards.

The number of casual users who won't even recognize the fact that their phone upgraded from 2.3 to 4.0 is the number two reason these companies don't push hard to keep their phones up to date. With the number one reason being money. It's more profitable to lock out 1 year old phones from staying up to date, making that new device running the new version of Android more enticing and a possible sale from people who fall for gimmicky sales tactics.

Realistically Google wants every phone to be on ICS right now. At least, any phone that has the hardware to run it. Which in all honesty, is any mid range phone from 2010 and up. Certainly a flagship 2011 phone should be quite capable of running ICS, don't you think? So whats the only other possible explanation? See paragraph 2 and it'll be easily understood.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies

dizzyman1180
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
Imho, anytime a phone 1 year old or less has to wait 6+ months for a new Android OS upgrade, the OEM is failing to live up to Google and more importantly, the customers, standards.

The number of casual users who won't even recognize the fact that their phone upgraded from 2.3 to 4.0 is the number two reason these companies don't push hard to keep their phones up to date. With the number one reason being money. It's more profitable to lock out 1 year old phones from staying up to date, making that new device running the new version of Android more enticing and a possible sale from people who fall for gimmicky sales tactics.

Realistically Google wants every phone to be on ICS right now. At least, any phone that has the hardware to run it. Which in all honesty, is any mid range phone from 2010 and up. Certainly a flagship 2011 phone should be quite capable of running ICS, don't you think? So whats the only other possible explanation? See paragraph 2 and it'll be easily understood.
+1 money, money, money

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 81
While is sucks that it takes so long to get an ICS update (even though I sold my Thunderbolt and got a Bionic...not that it will get official ICS any sooner), I do understand where the OEMs (and the carriers) are coming from...there's really no money in updating obsolete phones.

tburns
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Sorry I didn't post a link, my bad. Saw the tweet I got and was in a rush. Wish it was ICS update :S...

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

xs11e
Old
Thanks Meter 100
It's really nothing to get excited about, I unrooted, flashed back to stock, installed the leaked update and found...... nothing but a few bug fixes, etc. It had no effect on my use of my T'bolt which is now re-rooted and back to running Thunderstick Bareback which works for me and may or may not work for you.

icedventimocha
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2982

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandogg View Post
While is sucks that it takes so long to get an ICS update (even though I sold my Thunderbolt and got a Bionic...not that it will get official ICS any sooner), I do understand where the OEMs (and the carriers) are coming from...there's really no money in updating obsolete phones.

ummmmm....our phones are obsolete????? Just because phones came out after ours doesn't mean it's obsolete. In fact any other phone on Verizon right now (as far as specs, not release date) is a downgrade.

xs11e
Old
Thanks Meter 100
At the current rate of new phone introduction "Hopelessly Obsolete" means any phone that's been out a week!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe