Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Tip us?

slayer621
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Looks like the root method only works on Macs for now; at least that's what people commented.
Droid 3 with Gummy 1.2.0 (Unthemed) [Retired]

Galaxy Nexus with CNA 3.6.6 and Franco's Kernel [Retired]

Galaxy S4 with KitKang 01-22-14 and Stock Kernel

elcidroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale View Post
I found a new bug. While watchin a movie stream from Google movies, i hit the volume rocker and the video turns black and the audio stutters. The volume bar appears sometimes but if it does, it doesnt move when i hit the volume. If i do this too much, my whole device reboots. This happens on a fresh out of the box device with nothing else installed. It continues to happen even after i update the Play Movies software. Does not happen while streaming youtube.

Can anyone else see if this happens to them as well before i return this device a 2nd time?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

jmitr
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Hey guys,

I played with the tab 2 in Bestbuy, and liked the smaller size. When I was buying my original tablet I was flipflopping between the HTC flyer and the tab 10.1. Went with the 10.1 but am now thinking this could be a nice little brother / companion tablet.

One problem, I wanted to see how ebooks look on it and it has the new readers hub as opposed to the old ebook app. I could not check out any books because when I selected the kobo application it gave me an error that wifi wasn't connected and automatically closed. I got the wifi on and didn't like the kobo app as much as the former stock samsung ebook app. Lucky for me the other side of the "galaxy stand" had a 7.0 plus and it had the ebook app (and of course, still stuck on honeycomb like my 10.1).

Not been able to read ebooks unless wifi is on would suck, and I prefer the old ebook app. Has anyone with the tab 2 tried sideloading the old ebook apk and seeing if it all works?

Thanks, I like the smaller form for reading and getting the old ebook apk working will make or break the descision to buy for me.

Oh, and I also found it at costco, $239.00 and includes a case!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
CARRIER Telus Mobility

Primary Phone: HTC One (M7)

ROM: Stock Telus 5.11.661.8 (Android 4.4.2 / Sense 6.0)

Tablet:Nexus 7

Stock 4.4.3 Build KTU84L

Other / Former devices: HTC Touch, HTC Desire, Desire HD, IPhone 4, Samsung S3, LG Nexus 4, Ipad 2, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Moto G

pogu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bought mine at office Depot, no dead pixels or any problems to speak of. It doesn't seem recognize bluetooth devices very well, it picks up my Optimus v, but not my headset or netbook. Other than that it's great.

cavertx
Old
(Last edited by cavertx; 29th April 2012 at 03:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer621 View Post
Looks like the root method only works on Macs for now; at least that's what people commented.
I was able to root my GT-P3113 on a Win 7 laptop, using the instructions on Rootzwiki.

I used Odin to load ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 on my GT-P3113 and then flashed for root with Superuser and busybox with CWM.

Titanium Backup and several other root apps seem to be working fine.

Hope this Tab gets its own section here soon.

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer621 View Post
I'm kinda nervous now. I was planning on buying mine on Amazon, but now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have to deal with sending it back through the mail and waiting for days.
Not seeing many reports on this, so it's possible the BestBuy store I went to just got a bad batch or something.

elcidroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'll ask it again - I found a new bug. While watchin a movie stream from Google movies, i hit the volume rocker and the video turns black and the audio stutters. The volume bar appears sometimes but if it does, it doesnt move when i hit the volume. If i do this too much, my whole device reboots. This happens on a fresh out of the box device with nothing else installed. It continues to happen even after i update the Play Movies software. Does not happen while streaming youtube.

Can anyone else see if this happens to them as well or any other sort of bug watching a rented Google movie before i return this device a 2nd time? 

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA

chrisrotolo
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Anyone with a tab 2 care to do a short review on the touchwiz mini apps tray? Ideally someone who used them on hneycomb as well. Is it still total junk? Did they even change the look of the apps, etc.?
Thanks.

Bandage
Old
Thanks Meter 799

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
Anyone with a tab 2 care to do a short review on the touchwiz mini apps tray? Ideally someone who used them on hneycomb as well. Is it still total junk? Did they even change the look of the apps, etc.?
Thanks.
total ass...same as it ever was

I decided to freeze TW and am using Nova Launcher solely. So much better.
Satisfying My Gadget Lust With:

Black SGSIV - Me
Note 8.0

White SGSIII - Wifey

What I said help in some way? Toss me a Thank You! ↓↓↓↓↓↓
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrotolo
Old
(Last edited by chrisrotolo; 30th April 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
well that about sums it up. Total Ass!

very good. thanks.

I wonder if any best buy's, etc. still have the plus out on demo and have the tab 2 near it.
How do they respond when a customer says they look the same ,whats the difference? besides the obvious ICS of course.
As a customer my response would be: so why didn't they just upgrade this nice tab plus to ICS?
and the obvious answer is because samsung is total ass! (: