Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 Kang Request

Tip us?

sparksco
Old
(Last edited by sparksco; 19th March 2012 at 02:06 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog07067 View Post
I haven't had any luck with 7.2 RC1 yet.

I tried installing it over nightly #255 (cache/dalvik cache wipe) and after a full reset and it hard booted right after it got to the lock screen. I restored my nandroid (need the phone for work) but will try to download/install it again tonight and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativ73 View Post
Same result here, rebooting a few seconds after startup.
Try flashing one of the kernels from HERE and hopefully that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of this being a kernel issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale View Post
Upon boot up, skip the sign-in, then wait for the reboot. Upon the next boot up, pull down the notification bar and turn off GPS. After this the reboot should stop.
Try a different kernel that should fix the reboot issues with GPS.
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Team member of AOSPAL[PSD]

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cloverdale
Old
(Last edited by cloverdale; 19th March 2012 at 02:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco View Post
Try flashing one of the kernels from HERE and hopefully that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of this being a kernel issue.

So audio is confirmed working? I won't have time to flash this until later today..
Audio is working fine, but do not flash if you need GPS. It turns out that yes, you can prevent a reboot by quickly turning it off, you can immediately turn it back on, avoiding a reboot, and you can even get a lock on the GPS, but it will reboot again shortly thereafter.

I am going to try another kernel and report back later.

Edit: After flashing your port of "Pershoot/LordLockaN Kernel V14", the reboot issue has been fixed. I am working in my basement, and so cannot check to see if the GPS locks, but all else is well.

Edit2: Though your kernel ports fix the GPS reboot, they take away all audio.
Empirical evidence can never establish mathematical existence - nor can the mathematician's demand for existence be dismissed by the physicist as useless rigor. Only a mathematical existence proof can ensure that the mathematical description of a physical phenomenon is meaningful.
-- Richard Courant

sparksco
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverdale View Post
Audio is working fine, but do not flash if you need GPS. It turns out that yes, you can prevent a reboot by quickly turning it off, you can immediately turn it back on, avoiding a reboot, and you can even get a lock on the GPS, but it will reboot again shortly thereafter.

I am going to try another kernel and report back later.

Edit: After flashing your port of "Pershoot/LordLockaN Kernel V14", the reboot issue has been fixed. I am working in my basement, and so cannot check to see if the GPS locks, but all else is well.

Edit2: Though your kernel ports fix the GPS reboot, they take away all audio.
I thought this might be the case with the audio in the rom and kernel. I need to work on a new kernel that will include some of the new audio changes that work with the rom.

My Work-Evo Shift 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to sparksco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c00ller
Old
(Last edited by c00ller; 19th March 2012 at 07:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco View Post
Also what customizations were you refering to in my rom builds?
Minor stuff like this and when I checked your site it had the fonts switched to roboto or something.

Anyway, now that we all confirmed that CM's 7.2 RC1 release is garbage, how can we go about letting them know so 100s/1000s of users don't go downloading and flashing something that doesn't work?
What really bothers me is the fact that the CM team stated "CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy ", and I read that they have been doing a lot of offline testing of RC1 when clearly no one there tested this particular build. Does the Evo Shift 4G even have an official maintainer anymore (toastcfh)?
Google Nexus 4 16GB | CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies

sparksco
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ller View Post
Minor stuff like this and when I checked your site it had the fonts switched to roboto or something.

Anyway, now that we all confirmed that CM's 7.2 RC1 release is garbage, how can we go about letting them know so 100s/1000s of users don't go downloading and flashing something that doesn't work?
What really bothers me is the fact that the CM team stated "CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy ", and I read that they have been doing a lot of offline testing of RC1 when clearly no one there tested this particular build. Does the Evo Shift 4G even have an official maintainer anymore (toastcfh)?
I'm not sure what minor stuff your talking about with my kanged build. I posted the flashable stock fonts. Anyways I don't know what CM is doing nor do I really care anymore. The reboot issue with GPS has been a issue with their kernels for quite sometime now but since I never use their stock kerenls I've never had that issue. I won't be building kanged CM builds anymore since I have own repo source.

My Work-Evo Shift 4G

c00ller
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 313
Requesting once again, if anyone is making their own (working) builds from CM source.
Google Nexus 4 16GB | CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies

sparksco
Old
(Last edited by sparksco; 29th April 2012 at 12:00 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
This is based on cm7 but different in many ways.

http://www.gitorious.org/teamandroid...se/README.mkdn.

Follow my cm7 compiling guide but use these commands instead, then
$ ./Speedy.sh

There's already a build on rom manager along with Dread 7us and one_love_420's roms.

My Work-Evo Shift 4G