Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FIXED contact syncing issue from google contacts

Tip us?

dejavu157
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Cool FIXED contact syncing issue from google contacts

Alright so I moved from a HTC G2(android phone) to the samsung focus s(windows phone) and tried to move my contacts over from my gmail account. All the contacts synced and i can see peoples names but most my contacts show no phone number. On gmail i can see their phone numbers but it wouldn't sync over. This is because windows phones do not sync contacts that are not WORK HOME MOBILE. most of my numbers were OTHER so it wouldn't sync over. I exported the contact list and edited the cell that says PHONE 1. I changed all the contacts that said other to mobile and re-synced gmail to windows phone and all the contacts went through. Now all the contacts have the phone numbers they're suppose to instead of being blank.

miked0602
Old
Thanks Meter 26
My next attempt!
Wipe current contact list.
Get old Droid phone. Go into contacts, click menu(bottom left usually) import/export. Export to SD card. It becomes 00000001.vcf by default. Now take that sdcard and insert into windows phone and import then in a way similar to the export.

Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using xda premium
Only the best trial and error Instructables

I take NO CREDIT for any of the files uploaded but put them all together in one for you here at XDA-Developers.
None of that "Well visit my webpage here and here and go here and there and click there and queer!"

Nook Tablet
SIMPLIFIED INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH ROMS
BOOTLOOP/BRICK FIX
RETURN TO STOCK