5,594,700 Members 33,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM - 1.2] BETA ICS 4.0.X - Team DRH (Update 07/02/12)

Tip us?

df186
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
From the OP:
ROM does have issue where at times, will not go to sleep (screen will turn off then flash back on) aka "blinkies"

We're working on getting it fixed.
I tried to post some info on your other site.. not sure if you saw it.. but i had the same issue with the Blinkies.. and then after changing my Heap sizes.. The Blinkies go away.. actually it even fixed my sound issues that i was having too. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

So i just wanted to tell you guys that your doing a great job.. love the rom.. looking forward for more updates.. I noticed that you have a slimmed down rom on the other site called Badblocks v2.. whats the difference between this one and the regular one. I installed it and it works great.. will i be able to apply any of the newer updates?

also.. wanted to say.. i love the options in the Aroma installer where you can choose what to install and what not to install.. thats amazing..thanks for that!!!

fosser2
Old
(Last edited by fosser2; 28th April 2012 at 11:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by df186 View Post
[/COLOR]So i just wanted to tell you guys that your doing a great job.. love the rom.. looking forward for more updates.. I noticed that you have a slimmed down rom on the other site called Badblocks v2.. whats the difference between this one and the regular one. I installed it and it works great.. will i be able to apply any of the newer updates?
Unless you're having some serious issues w/ the main rom, do not use badblocks v2. It's a test rom that is very very slimmed down. You can read about it more on the team website. http://www.teamdrh.com/archives/deve...d-the-g-tablet

As for the blinkies if you really think that heap size fixes those, I will look into it even more. Thanks

EDIT: can you post the heapsize that you are using. I missed it somewhere i believe.

Godzilla10
Old
(Last edited by Godzilla10; 29th April 2012 at 01:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default hulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in LA View Post
Hulu works?? Whether Dolphin HD, Dolphin for Tablet or Opera, I get the "Hulu doesn't support your platform" message (after the video struggles at length to load." I have all agents set to "Desktop" as any mobile platform seems to be a non-starter w/ Hulu.

It's the basic Hulu.com service I'm trying to use, not Hulu Plus.
Yea working great with opera mobile. Go to the common ics fixs on page1 of this thread and look for hulu under apps follow the easy video to the T and you should be all good. requires script manager

toonwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshaman View Post
I have a few things that are a little funny going on. I did a very clean install following directions. This update gave me the binkies-which I know is being worked on. I get a lot of times where it seems to be grinding away and I get the force close or wait message. Also, my battery in the status bar seems to lock at some percentage that I start with when I unplug it. It doesn't show that it's charging either. Sometimes it acts as if there is a bad connection with the charger-odd since it is only with this rom. This is new, it worked fine for a while.
I get the same problem with battery but never asked. Usually when I unplug it after a charge it takes a minute or two to catch up. It never goes past 94% though. Then sometimes around 45% it decides to shut down like its dead.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes

thehumble1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
are you kidding me? this thing works awesome and there are no real problems like with other computers. I can just stick any ol' USB keyboard on this tab and start typing a reply without even having to select anythign or tell to use the keyboard or whatnot. BTW I just stuck an 8 year old iMac keyboard on the tab and started typing if you hadn't noticed. wow, that was fun.

Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using xda premium and a fricking iMac USB keyboard.
N4 / g2x / Nexus 7 / Hx: Nexus S, Wildfire S, HD2, Behold 2, HTC Wizard 8125 then these:

timbck2
Old
(Last edited by timbck2; 30th April 2012 at 12:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 78
Default Is ROM Manager compatible with this ROM & touch screen recovery?

I recall there being issues in the past with other ROMs and/or CWM on the GTab and ROM Manager. I don't remember if the problem was with CWM or with the ROMs though. Does anyone know if ROM Manager works on this one?

Never mind, I just answered my own question. ROM Manager requires CWM, so it doesn't work with this recovery.

toonwar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumble1 View Post
are you kidding me? this thing works awesome and there are no real problems like with other computers. I can just stick any ol' USB keyboard on this tab and start typing a reply without even having to select anythign or tell to use the keyboard or whatnot. BTW I just stuck an 8 year old iMac keyboard on the tab and started typing if you hadn't noticed. wow, that was fun.

Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using xda premium and a fricking iMac USB keyboard.
I have never used a keyboard at all. I do most of my typing on my laptop if its more than an application or a status update. And no I don't think anyone noticed....

Sent from my TeamDRH ICS for GTablet using Tapatalk 2
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII running Slim
Retired Samsung Galaxy S Captivate running Slim ICS
Took a Plunge HTC Inspire 4G running MIUI
Burned in a fire Viewsonic Gtab running Century Eyes
The Following User Says Thank You to toonwar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timbck2
Old
(Last edited by timbck2; 30th April 2012 at 01:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 78
Default Where do Nandroids go with this ROM?

OK, this may seem like a stupid question, but I can't find the answer to it. When I've done a Nandroid backup of any other device/ROM in the past, they've always had CWM installed, and the backups went into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. I did one on my GTab last night (running TeamDRH ICS), everything seemed to work fine, but when I went to check that it was there I couldn't find it - not in /mnt/sdcard, not in /mnt/microsd (I selected the option in recovery to backup to external sd), I poked around everywhere using ES File Explorer. So where was my backup saved?

Flash473
Old
(Last edited by Flash473; 1st May 2012 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by df186 View Post
I tried to post some info on your other site.. not sure if you saw it.. but i had the same issue with the Blinkies.. and then after changing my Heap sizes.. The Blinkies go away.. actually it even fixed my sound issues that i was having too. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

So i just wanted to tell you guys that your doing a great job.. love the rom.. looking forward for more updates.. I noticed that you have a slimmed down rom on the other site called Badblocks v2.. whats the difference between this one and the regular one. I installed it and it works great.. will i be able to apply any of the newer updates?

also.. wanted to say.. i love the options in the Aroma installer where you can choose what to install and what not to install.. thats amazing..thanks for that!!!
Was wondering if there was a guide on changing this or what you changed it to...and are you still not having either of these issues any more.

Thanks

EDIT: Found the post in the Q&A and got it changed still getting the blinks haven't tested the sound issue yet. If you could post what you changed yours to That may help
Thanks

daname
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Question Plasma Active port

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
Yes it is possible, but why go back?
I am considering porting KDE Plasma Active to the G-Tablet. I need to be able to get the source for the kernel to do that. Can you point me to a link where I could get such a thing?

Tags
ap10a1 ics, hcl me ap10a1