5,598,938 Members 30,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

Tip us?

lfkiter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well guys, my Rezound just showed up from FedEx...now time to tech out with it...if you are tired of your x2, try and call vzw and ask nicely about an early upgrade...

Sandso9
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
Seems way too late and hardly worth it now, but I added a shout out to ashclepdia in the OP! I read the first few para's and noted a renowned character missing from the list of shout outs...

Sandso, though you weren't in the original list, I added you long back when I saw your post, which reminded me...
alright cool haha
Vzw Moto X Rooted 4.2.2
Vzw iPhone 4S - iOS 7 GM
Motorola Droid X2 - CM9 Alpha 5
Motorola Droid - CM9
Vzw Motorola Xoom - Cyanogenmod 10 Jelly Bean!

lfkiter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, day 2 with the new Rezound, and so far so good. I got a Incipio case for it, and it added a bit of bulk, but I can live with it. I was sort of sad when i deactivated the x2, might just keep her and let the kids use it for games and stuff..the 2 things that impressed me the most with the rezound were the screen and the camera, which are both big upgrades from the x2...

Bohnsta
Old
Thanks Meter 18
SCORE!!!

I did everything you said to do and my HTC Dinc2 is on it's way! The Tech Support tried to get me another X2 since I've only had 1 replacement and I kept pushing until it she gave in. Thanks Lite
Motorola DROID X2

HTC Droid Incredible II

Apple iPhone 4

Amazon Kindle Fire

Samsung Galaxy Note II

y0himba
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
I wouldn't count it as a score. The Dinc2 is slow, and not even half the phone that the DX2 is, and was may well before. Also, you need to downgrade it to root it. Not very customizable without root.

I didn't so much better however. I got the Droid 3 as a replacement after 3 DX2s failed on me. The Droid 3 is easily rooted and very customizable. Also almost the same specs as the DX2. It is ugly though, and it has a hardware keyboard.

Droid 3 runs seriously nice though. Smooth and fast.
My Web Site: http://www.y0himba.net
Last 5 Songs Played:

Sandso9
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
I wouldn't count it as a score. The Dinc2 is slow, and not even half the phone that the DX2 is, and was may well before. Also, you need to downgrade it to root it. Not very customizable without root.

I didn't so much better however. I got the Droid 3 as a replacement after 3 DX2s failed on me. The Droid 3 is easily rooted and very customizable. Also almost the same specs as the DX2. It is ugly though, and it has a hardware keyboard.

Wow I tried my hardest to get a droid3 and I've had 6 dx2's. Oh well I'm done with that phone now so I couldn't care to much now.

Sent from Xoom
Vzw Moto X Rooted 4.2.2
Vzw iPhone 4S - iOS 7 GM
Motorola Droid X2 - CM9 Alpha 5
Motorola Droid - CM9
Vzw Motorola Xoom - Cyanogenmod 10 Jelly Bean!

kingsway8605
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:

I have owned both phones, and the inc2 beats the x2 hands down in real use. It is the extra RAM I think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

litetaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Quote:

As a person who also owned both the DX2 and the Dinc2, I do feel that it is misguided to discredit the DInc2 without thought. While I do agree that there were some situations where the DX2 was faster I say the Dinc2 is a better device as a whole. I wish I still had my DX2 so I can compare them side by side. I sometimes wonder if the DX2 was faster in doing something I was just doing on the Dinc2. For instance, on really big websites, the Dinc2 spends some time rendering the webpage, during which period the page is blurry. I don't remember seeing something like that on the X2. But then, I never had my Launcher lagging TOOO much on the Dinc2 either, unlike the X2...

Today, I tried opening some big webpages, and once they were loaded they responded very quickly and rendered perfectly, no blurring. And due to having more RAM, it can multitask better and definitely has better music capabilities. It is definitely a better all rounder, though in some special cases the X2 may be better. Overall, I can see myself using this phone till my official upgrade date in April '13, whereas there was no way in hell I would've used the X2 till then. Sure it was a bit of a compromise to go to the Dinc2 from the X2, but a compromise worth making I believe.
======
Thank me, if my post helped you, made you smile, laugh, LOL or ROFL!!!

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1372
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
I have owned both phones, and the inc2 beats the x2 hands down in real use. It is the extra RAM I think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Not just more ram
But omap right?
I get feeling if not optimized for tegra then issues fall in
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!

XGrinder911
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Im thinking of downgrading to the dinc, having a phone that force closes a simple music playing app is not good in my book.
Wish I could at least get another daul-core though.. /: (Rezound <\3)