Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XS][LT26] Firmware Compilation

Tip us?

alc2077
Old
(Last edited by alc2077; 28th April 2012 at 02:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by del1701 View Post
Have you tried using 7zip ?
Have you tried renaming the rar file to ftf ?
No I have not tried using 7zip, I will give that a try now! Thanks. How do you convert a rar file to ftf? I added .ftf to the end of the file extension and still no go plus I tried using 7-zip also. see screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-shot.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1028993  

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by alc2077 View Post
No I have not tried using 7zip, I will give that a try now! Thanks. How do you convert a rar file to ftf? I added .ftf to the end of the file extension and still no go plus I tried using 7-zip also. see screenshot
Choose extract here and you should be able to extract the .ftf.

Looks like winzip.
The Following User Says Thank You to augie7107 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alc2077
Old
(Last edited by alc2077; 28th April 2012 at 08:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107 View Post
Choose extract here and you should be able to extract the .ftf.

Looks like winzip.
When I unzip the downloaded file, there's a another zipped file named "IMAGE.img" that appears, exact error message I get whenever I attempt to extract the IMAGE.img is "CANNOT OPEN FILE: IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE A VALID ARCHIVE". That's the file that I have not been able to unpack to extract the ftf file. I have spent countless hours reading through the forum and I can't seem to find an answer. Quite frustrating because I have rooted HTC & Samsung devices and have never spent this many hours trying to flash a root image like I am with the XPS. Makes me question whether or not I want to keep this phone

The exact error message i receive is "
Thanks for the help

alc2077
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to finally flash my xperia using QuickIMG App. Made it so much easier, thanks guys for all your suggestions........

arash86
Old
Thanks Meter 5
both of ftf files are same size firmwares and root.and i dl orginal lobanon firmware and flashed i cant dl root firmware because of my internet limit.now how can i root my phone?i dont want to use doomkernel to root it because when i flash doomkernel it reboot at start up..my phone is unluck

i know this is not right place to ask this.sorry.

Yakandu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
I update some links and the organization of the main post, now you can find things quickly

And i have a question, there is any [spoiler][/spoiler] like option here?
Excuse my limited English. Correction are welcome.

Imagine a future where every Sunday, instead of going to church, we all meet up to do science for an hour.

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakandu View Post
I update some links and the organization of the main post, now you can find things quickly

And i have a question, there is any [spoiler][/spoiler] like option here?
On the 6.0.A.4.1 firmware you have Jap Generic. This is Docomo branded firmware.

Yakandu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 757

DONATE TO ME
corrected
Excuse my limited English. Correction are welcome.

Imagine a future where every Sunday, instead of going to church, we all meet up to do science for an hour.

adsada arc
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Just to double check I can flash the [FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.73] Central Europe 1 Generic: OT on my locked bootloader xperia s? I'm guessing the rooted version is for unlocked bl only?

Also I assume its fine but do I have to back up my files apps etc. or will they remain there after flashing?

Sorry still a new to all this

thanks

Pezo
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsada arc View Post
Just to double check I can flash the [FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.73] Central Europe 1 Generic: OT on my locked bootloader xperia s? I'm guessing the rooted version is for unlocked bl only?

Also I assume its fine but do I have to back up my files apps etc. or will they remain there after flashing?

Sorry still a new to all this

thanks
Yes you can, I did the same yesterday.
Rooted one is for unlocked bootloader.

Your apps and settings will be there as long as you uncheck wipe user data.

I also got one question: After updating to CE1 Generic at least one app specific to my provider is still installed and not removable. Do I have to wipe the user data for this to go away (I don't mind it so I won't do it, just curious)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Pezo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]