Thanks Meter: 0

By mickeas, Junior Member on 25th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2012, 01:52 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneyofdeath

Try wiping battery stats then charge to 100% (it may help, not sure)

Sent from my X10S using XDA

Yeah tried that but it didnt seem to work :/
could it be hardware problem like broke battery or bad connection on motherboard?

29th April 2012, 03:23 AM |#12  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Could be pal are u within your warranty (sony (Ericsson) it has a 2 year global warranty but u need to ring ur network provider and ask them to put u through to se

Sent from my X10S using XDA
29th April 2012, 09:59 PM |#13  

More
Yeah this happened to me before about 6 months ago, so i went to my provider (3) and they sent it away to Sony Ericsson and they sent me a whole new phone but I didnt want to do that again really, but i may have to. When im not using WiFi or 3G then it works fine, and when its plugged in to the charger it works so i guess its a case of not usuing the internet when im not near a charger :P
3rd May 2012, 07:06 AM |#14  
Flag Thái Nguyên
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have the same problem.
My X10 reboot random when using 3G (Wifi is still OK) and Gaming. Now i'm on Stock 2.3 and stock kernel and....wait. (Flash some ROM and change the new battery....but not solved )

Anyone help us !!! Plizzzzzzzzzzz
4th May 2012, 12:05 AM |#15  
Flag Orléans
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Arrow Maybe your solution
I had the same problem sometimes with original kernel after 1 year of using my phone.
Then i tried to install a new rom, and i was thinking the problem was solved. But it was not...

I finished by trying the X10S (v7) rom with DoomLord kernel (1113mhz) and this problem was solved...
I tried some kernels and this one was stable with a good battery life and no shutdown problem. With some other kernels i had this problem back.
So I think that kernel could be the problem.

Infortunately, with the rom X10S v8, Doomlord kernel cause issues with wifi (unable to get ip adress). So now i use kCernel-SE-stock-mod-v1 and no shutdown problem anymore.

*Maybe the solution is*
Try to change your kernel with one of thoose :
- kCernel here (in "2. kCernel-SE-stock-mod-v1")
- DoomLord (search fo x10_gb_DooMKernel-v06-1113_wifi.zip)

Note :
- With this two kernels, you'll have to download appropriate wifi patch and install it from SDcard via xRecovery
- don't try to install X10S v8 if your bootloader is locked
So, try to flash your X10 using flashtool with Doomlord kernel

Tell us if it worked, i hope it solved your problem as it do it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to n@twork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n@twork Ad-Free
4th May 2012, 04:03 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
voltage
Hi,

I have had this issue too, for the last few months. No matter what ROM/Kernel, batt stats cleared, etc, still the same. Can idle all day, but as soon as I use 3G, GPS, or use any intensive app, she shuts down.

As an experiment I installed a battery monitor that plots graphs of % charge, temp, voltage, etc over time.

I had a close look at my logged graphs and have noticed that just before each reboot, the voltage seems to dip drastically. Battery charge is fine, does not seem to matter. but a sharp drop in voltage occurs. Increased draw for the more complex tasks (3G, GPS, etc) seems to be tripping it up.

As the Battery is now 2 years old, I figured it is just starting to fail? And iv noticed lots of people are suddenly coming out and complaining about this issue.

I just ordered a few new Batteries from 'Ebay', will see how we go!...

peace.
4th May 2012, 06:17 AM |#17  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Exclamation [INFO / SOLUTION] Suddenly shuts off with red LED.
Good to know:
The X10i/a have now reached an age, where battery failures is very common nowadays. Specially if one got the device early on or just after the launch.

Symptoms of a failing battery:
* Device suddenly shuts off, even when the battery have several percent remaining.
* Device drains fast, even when not used.
* Device might just shut off for no whatsoever reason when doing something that draws a lot of power, and will restart just fine.
* Device has a surprisingly fast charge time from empty to full.

When the device shuts off all of a sudden, it's followed by the indicator LED blinking red, rapidly three times, and might repeat this at restart attempts.
Sometimes it takes several tries before the device starts up again. Battery just needed a few minutes/an hour of "rest".

There's nothing wrong with the device.

Just get a fresh replacement battery and it'll work just fine again.

But beware:
There are many fake batteries out on the market, claiming that they have higher capacity, yet very slim in size.
There's a simple rule when it comes to battery capacity:
More capacity = larger in size, which might need a special back-cover. There's no escape from that.
If one would happen to find a such incredible slim battery with super capacity, the battery security circuits and/or chemical makeup probably have been circumvented/changed, and have a high risk of catching fire and/or explode when charging/discharging.
The Following User Says Thank You to SysGhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SysGhost Ad-Free
4th May 2012, 11:29 PM |#18  

More
Yeah thanks for all the advice and sharing your problems. My phone does reboot alot when im using 3G or taking a video. Recently my battery would reboot, drop alot of percentage and then increase percentage without charging...magic I dont really want to buy a new battery because my new contract starts in june i think, but maybe il have to. Good luck for everyone else dolving there problems

Also, N@twork, i am on doom kernel and i still get reboots :/
7th May 2012, 08:22 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk0302

Yeah thanks for all the advice and sharing your problems. My phone does reboot alot when im using 3G or taking a video. Recently my battery would reboot, drop alot of percentage and then increase percentage without charging...magic I dont really want to buy a new battery because my new contract starts in june i think, but maybe il have to. Good luck for everyone else dolving there problems

Also, N@twork, i am on doom kernel and i still get reboots :/

I've too had the same problem. solved it by replacing battery
Now everything's alright

I'm running dixperia rom with stock kernel

EDIT: but now I have a small problem. Hope someone can solve it. Sometimes, suddenly, the hardware keys light and backlight turns on, without doing any thing and this drains my battery I have to turn on the screen and turn it off back to switch off that backlight and hw keys light

Sent from my Xperia x10 using my fingers
8th May 2012, 09:53 PM |#20  

More
Im getting a new battery soon I hope so I will hopefully get my problem solved
8th May 2012, 10:30 PM |#21  
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikx10

I've too had the same problem. solved it by replacing battery
Now everything's alright

I'm running dixperia rom with stock kernel

EDIT: but now I have a small problem. Hope someone can solve it. Sometimes, suddenly, the hardware keys light and backlight turns on, without doing any thing and this drains my battery I have to turn on the screen and turn it off back to switch off that backlight and hw keys light

Sent from my Xperia x10 using my fingers

It can be caused by apps . Check for any suspicious app . Or else try to flash a different kernel .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)