[Kernel][OC][UV][3G][USB charging] GT8.9 7300/7310 (Dec 4, 2011)

OP _motley

30th March 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #351  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,407

858 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by behzadbayat

I have installed this kernel and I am able to overclock with setcpu. I noticed in the OP that it says "Built in cifs" but I can not see the module in the package, I mean cifs.ko, am I missing something? trying to run the cifs module but I cant see it with lsmod command.

I have p7300 running 3.2 and flashed the latest v2d_3g kernel.

Hi, "built in cifs" means that support is built into the kernel binary so there is no need to load a kernel module. With apps like cifs manager, you don't need to configure it to load a module, it just works. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to _motley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 10

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _motley

Hi, "built in cifs" means that support is built into the kernel binary so there is no need to load a kernel module. With apps like cifs manager, you don't need to configure it to load a module, it just works. Hope this helps.

But it does not work for me. I am trying the cifsmanager and get an error stating no such device or address, i thought this is due to cifs not loaded as could not see it running when i execute lsmode command. Can you help me out understand what the problem is?

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk
31st March 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #353  
Thanks Meter: 10

115 posts
More
I found the problem. The mount point should not be on sdcard. Now cifsmanager is working perfectly.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk
28th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #354  
Thanks Meter: 183

1,695 posts
More
I've installed your kernel, but I've noticed that USB charging doesn't work, or at least the battery icon is still with an x on the lightening...
28th April 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #355  
Thanks Meter: 691

1,716 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

I've installed your kernel, but I've noticed that USB charging doesn't work, or at least the battery icon is still with an x on the lightening...

From the original post of this thread:

Quote:

• USB charging is now enabled like the GT10.1 (thanks pershoot, stefansaraev). See the following for usage: how-to (thanks dpakrr)

28th April 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #356  

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325

From the original post of this thread:

Still don't get, should I apply the script posted in 10.1 thread or is this script already embedded into this kernel?
And it still works even if the icon indicates not in recharge?
Last edited by zooster; 28th April 2012 at 11:51 PM.
29th April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #357  
Thanks Meter: 691

1,716 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

Still don't get, should I apply the script posted in 10.1 thread or is this script already embedded into this kernel?
And it still works even if the icon indicates not in recharge?

If the OP provided a how-to link it means that no, it is not integrated for Honeycomb kernels, at least not for this specific kernel. Previously, I followed the how-to's instructions and...boom, USB Charging enabled.
29th April 2012, 11:58 AM   |  #358  

1,695 posts
More
Tried this kernel but it's stuttering both in homescreen and 3d games. For example asphalt 6 is impossible to play. In some situations very low fps. Laggy and stuttering.I had to flash back the old stock kernel, far smoother. I had set interactive governor, and I have supercharger. Boh?
29th April 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #359  
Thanks Meter: 2

185 posts
Quote:

Hi, not sure why it doesn't work in HC for you, but does on ICS. The kernel options I have build in are the same for the HC kernel v2d and ICS as far as game controllers and input devices are concerned. If it is a wired controller, I would think it should work if compatible with the 360 wired controller. Perhaps someone else with this controller or similar controller will chime in.

Hi, i'm currently on a stock rom but have flashed your latest kernel, overclocking works fine, but i'm also unable to connect a controller (360 wired or ps3), do i just connect them thru usb or do i have to configure something?

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA Premium HD app
20th May 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #360  
Thanks Meter: 2

185 posts
Is support for this kernel still ongoing?

Sent from my GT-P7300 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread