Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

[Q] Samsung tab 10.1 OR Samsung g. Note 10.1?

OP vasp3690

28th April 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

725 posts
Hello,

I'm strongly considering getting one of the above, once the second one is available. The fact that the noteay have a stronger processor is a plus.

What should I be looking out for in these devices? What are niggles that would prompt me to check and potentially need to replace if found? Software bugs? Construction quality?

Overall use is going to be internet, everyday calendar, notes etc.

Thanks in advance!

sent with HTC1S
28th April 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag London.
Thanks Meter: 183

1,816 posts
More
Wait for note. It will probs be lighter and thinner and will defo have a faster processor. Plus it ships with ics. And it has the pen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 283

3,231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski123

Wait for note. It will probs be lighter and thinner and will defo have a faster processor. Plus it ships with ics. And it has the pen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

it is neither lighter nor thinner , but has a faster processor and a pen
28th April 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fingerlakes, NY
Thanks Meter: 31

190 posts
More
If you're price conscious then the original tab is a great buy. Also consider that accessories for the 10.1 Note will be at a premium while a ton of stuff for the original tab are on clearance.
29th April 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 8

60 posts
Wait for the note... The pen is surprisingly great (on the note 5.3 anyway), and the faster processor will be a nice upgrade, because the Tegra 2 in the original 10.1 tab isn't great... Very laggy... Yes it's better with cm9, but still not that good.

I have a gt-p7510 Galaxy tab 10.1 and I like it, but if I didn't already have it, I would definitely wait for the note 10.1.
29th April 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

725 posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciated.
I too hate the lag and on video reviews of the note I thought it was very slow so good thing they are improving the processor.

I always wondered if you could use a stylus on the original tab. What is the upgrade that makes the note souh better with the stylus from the tab?

sent with HTC1S
29th April 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 306

1,008 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasp3690

Hello,

I'm strongly considering getting one of the above, once the second one is available. The fact that the noteay have a stronger processor is a plus.

What should I be looking out for in these devices? What are niggles that would prompt me to check and potentially need to replace if found? Software bugs? Construction quality?

Overall use is going to be internet, everyday calendar, notes etc.

Thanks in advance!

sent with HTC1S

If you're planning to use it for note-taking, the note 10.1 is an easy choice. For everything else, you'll want to consider whether the faster processor is worth the price difference.
3rd May 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #8  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 19

136 posts
More
I would also wait on the note, even though it won't be out for a good while. I got the galaxy tab 10.1 a few weeks ago and am loving it so far. But this won't stop me from getting the note 10.1 the moment it becomes available (will have to sell this tab then lol). The biggest thing, for me personally, is the pen; stylus functionality isn't the best thing in the world when it comes to the original tab 10.1 even though it may be functional. But thats all it is, functional, not amazing or practical when it comes to taking notes (student's perspective). Of course the processor bump just makes it sweeter, I'm just hoping the price isn't too steep.
3rd May 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #9  
Flag Elk Grove
Thanks Meter: 100

229 posts
Donate to Me
More
Would the Note have the same touch capability as the Tab if not using the pen? If so, then it was be a great plus!
3rd May 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 19

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdo

Would the Note have the same touch capability as the Tab if not using the pen? If so, then it was be a great plus!

Yes the stylus isn't required. The touch capability would be the same as the current tab, if anything better (highly unlikely) when it comes to using your fingers. The stylus just adds the extra dimension of certain apps that take advantage of that, such as iAnnotate PDF, Zenbrush, etc. And lets not forget the superb precision the pen will bring when it comes to drawing and taking notes. If Samsung puts in an AMOLED HD screen (Ok I'm seriously asking for too much with this suggestion) this tablet will be beyond perfect, IMO.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread