5,606,409 Members 33,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tethering without T-mobile knowing

Tip us?

ctowne
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Well I won't use tethering a ton because I'm usually in wifi range. I got a Xoom off of craigslist last week and I don't feel like paying for Verizon 4G LTE so I figured I could attempt to tether with the G2x cuz I'm cheap

rrroach
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Lol you guys are making this way too complex for the OP. Just get OpenGarden or Barnacle Tether from the Play Store! Just have to be rooted.
Unlocked i317 (used on T-Mobile)

ctowne
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrroach View Post
Lol you guys are making this way too complex for the OP. Just get OpenGarden or Barnacle Tether from the Play Store! Just have to be rooted.
For some reason the wifi from both of those apps show up on my laptop but not on my xoom tablet. Any thoughts on why that would be?

rrroach
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne
For some reason the wifi from both of those apps show up on my laptop but not on my xoom tablet. Any thoughts on why that would be?
Some devices can't connect to an Ad-Hoc connection (which is what those apps create), like the PS3. Perhaps your tablet is like that too.
Unlocked i317 (used on T-Mobile)

ctowne
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Ok thanks. I guess I'll just use the built in tethering app. I was using it yesterday for an hour or so and had no problems.