More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

[Q] Unlocking a relocked bootloader stuck gsm 1.49.0013

OP T1LuX

28th April 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
More
i seem to be stuck trying to unlock my evo 3d's bootloader again, i unlocked it, went through the procedure to downgrade, thus relocking the bootloader, then discovered the PG86IMG.zip thing i used was the wrong version or something, now i can't seem to unlock it again

this is wat it says in my bootloader
eMMC-boot
Aug 15 2011, 14:52:58

FASTBOOT USB
blah blah blah...

i've spent so much time looking up a fix of some sort but havent found any luck, would anyone be kind enough to give me some tips/help on this?

i want to eventually flash miui onto it cause i just naturally dont like stock roms for any phone really and ive found miui to be the best for me simply because of how they've layed stuff out on it

my is rooted too btw, and i've had no success flashing a custom recovery cause of a verify signature fail or something like that, im guessing cause S-ON is still well, ON lol

thanks heaps to anyone who can manage to help me out of this
28th April 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Saint Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 119

815 posts
More
unlocking bootloader
ths is where you need to start open cmd and typ fastboot get identifiertoken then it will display the token then you will copy and past into htc dev and then submit if you copyed it correctly you will get a confermation and the email will be sent you the next step open the email and download the unlock code and place it in the same folder that you have fastboot and adb in next step open cmd and typ fastboot flash unlock token unlock_code.ben now look at your evo and it should say unlock bootloader press volume up for yes and then press the power button and this will also reset the evo dont worry after this you will need to install a custom recovery i suggest 4ext for that on your evo open up your web browser and typ 4ext.net and then head over http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22494488
Last edited by jslim38; 1st May 2012 at 05:51 PM.
29th April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslim38

ths is where you need to start open cmd and typ fastboot get identifiertoken then it will display the token then you will copy and past into htc dev and then submit if you copyed it correctly you will get a confermation and the email will be sent you the next step open the email and download the unlock code and place it in the same folder that you have fastboot and adb in next step open cmd and typ fastboot flash unlock token unlock_code.ben now look at your evo and it should say unlock bootloader press volume up for yes and then press the power button and this will also reset the evo dont worry after this you will need to install a custom recovery i suggest 4ext for that on your evo open up your web browser and typ 4ext.net and then head over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1471246

i've already gone through that process in order to unlock the bootloader before, then i relocked it, and using the same Unlock_code.bin file I used to unlock it before, it won't unlock, should I go through the whole process from htcdev again?
29th April 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Petersburg

815 posts
More
You can flash the Rom of your choice but there is one very emportant thing and that is you have to flash a custom recovery check this web site out 4ext.net this is the best recovery and its easy to install you can download it using the web browser on your phone

Sent from my Evo 3D s off using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jslim38 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag Saint Petersburg

815 posts
More
I see that you've used the same unlock token of which you didn't have to I would delete the old one and get a new unlock token I've done that before and it works

Sent from my Evo 3D s off using xda premium
30th April 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslim38

I see that you've used the same unlock token of which you didn't have to I would delete the old one and get a new unlock token I've done that before and it works

thanks, i'll try and and see how it goes
30th April 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

36 posts
More
Thanks jslim, got it unlocked now, as usual it hung on sending unlocktoken, I left it for awhile and it eventually went through

So u suggest I downgrade now if possible?

Also, if u don't mind, I have another problem,

I've tried to flash three different gsm roms since unlocking, AOKP, which hung on the HTC logo, then after restoring, miui 2.24.40 or something like that, which got past the HTC logo but, hung on the boot image, restored again and tried e3d light, which also qot stuck on the HTC logo, at present I'm still running stock

Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA
30th April 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

36 posts
More
*miui 2.4.20 port from cdma

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA
1st May 2012, 06:34 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

36 posts
More
nvm got it working! for those reading this post I had to download 4ext recovery and use one of the test versions in which smartflash is included, that enabled me to flash roms with s-on running leedroid 5.4 now and its awesome!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA
1st May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #10  
Flag Saint Petersburg

815 posts
More
Question are you trying to down grade your hboot

Sent From my EVO 3D x515m S off using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread