5,595,000 Members 38,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GLASS on GLASS screen protector

Tip us?

VonEsch
Old
Thanks Meter 900
I have a speck case over my glass and it holds on the sides. Only thing I don't like is it looks like it's slowly coming off the sides. Never adhered right by the speaker and I'm starting to doubt the oleophobic claim. This thing is a smudge magnet I am constantly cleaning. On the bright side, when it is clean it looks good. Never gets pulled up by stylus like the zagg did. After a month I still enjoy my decision to get it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

lessthanzach
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonEsch View Post
I have a speck case over my glass and it holds on the sides. Only thing I don't like is it looks like it's slowly coming off the sides. Never adhered right by the speaker and I'm starting to doubt the oleophobic claim. This thing is a smudge magnet I am constantly cleaning. On the bright side, when it is clean it looks good. Never gets pulled up by stylus like the zagg did. After a month I still enjoy my decision to get it

After two weeks mine was unbearable. Top left corner randomly formed a bubble that traveled more than half way down the length of the screen.
And yes, it is quite a finger print magnet. I'm reapply not very satisfied, I could deal with the finger prints but not the bubble.

Sent from my supercharged Galaxy Note!
If I helped you, please hit my thanks.
Go Here and make a difference! Do it for Emily and Joe!

Go Here and make a difference!

Do it for Emily and Joe!

Task650 AOKP'd Galaxy SIII

Hit my "Thanks" if I helped you

JGuinan007
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thumbs up Best screen protector I ever got

This is the most expensive screen protector I have ever got but it is well worth it. I've had mine on for 2 months now with no issues still looks great no bubbles not even a small scratch it does get smudged from my greasey face though but a quick wipe and it's pretty again. It was easy to install too, I went to the most dust free room (my bath room) cleaned the screen and accidently dropped it on (instead of putting the bottom edge on 1st and using the squeegy) I freaked out for a sec and saw that the air bubbles slowly pushing out to the sides til they were mostly all gone then I pressed out the rest the next morning they were all gone and it looks perfect. I will have one of these on every phone for the rest of my life!

jnguyen37
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I recently order this case and the first one I received was defective. They had 3 white smudges in the adhesive for some reason but luckily SPG replaced it.

The second one went on perfect except I installed it a little different. I sprayed on soap/warm water solution like those protectors you buy from the best buy protector. It actually still worked and ease the install for me but I don't recommend it. I don't know if it messes up the adhesive anyway but it worked for me

chriskwarren
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Using this screen protector for a week. Love it so far.

Did not adhere correctly just above the speaker. I also saw something similar on a Zagg protector. Still, worth it so far.

I do wonder what will happen after I start removing the case and putting it back on (to get access to the sim slot and battery). Hopefully it won't affect the edges of the protector.

VonEsch
Old
Thanks Meter 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Using this screen protector for a week. Love it so far.

Did not adhere correctly just above the speaker. I also saw something similar on a Zagg protector. Still, worth it so far.

I do wonder what will happen after I start removing the case and putting it back on (to get access to the sim slot and battery). Hopefully it won't affect the edges of the protector.
I have to take my case off for cleaning, some headphones, or if I don't want to go around with a mangled speck case. Glass stays on. I just take my time getting it out, and working it back in

faded03cobra
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Seems like I'm the minority, but I've had such a bad experience with this protector. After a month of use it started lifting in the corners, so I ordered another and same thing after a week. Looked fantastic before I started having issues.

bman17
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded03cobra View Post
Seems like I'm the minority, but I've had such a bad experience with this protector. After a month of use it started lifting in the corners, so I ordered another and same thing after a week. Looked fantastic before I started having issues.
Do you actually think the glass can be warped some way?

This is where I usually would list all my phones that I have owned, but I would run out of room. If you want, I can start with my 1989 Radio Shack Bag phone? Otherwise lets go with the latest and greatest...Galaxy Note!

cgibsong002
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgibsong002 View Post

Anyone try the reiko case with this? Just got my reiko case tonight as well and at first thought it fit no problem, then after removing it noticed the edges of the SP weren't adhered. Not sure if this is something I didn't notice before, or more likely that the case caused this. Not sure why though as it appears like all the case would do is be pushing down completely perpendicular to the screen.
Just an update on this. The protector managed to re adhere itself around the edges. It's now weeks later and there are no bubbles anywhere on my screen. So that kind of invalidates the claim that any lack of adhesion around the edges will spread... Just the opposite in my case.

Sent from my Samsung Nizzote

nystreak
Old
Thanks Meter 5
How does it hold up with s-pen usage. I have an ultra olephobic on my note that's starting to look terrible from draw something pics.

Galaxy Note
Skyrocket
Dell Streak
Iphone 4