DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question about the $100 Rebate on AT&T

OP iiDeadSeriousii

17th April 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 11

130 posts
More
Wasn't AT&T offering a separate $100 rebate to NEW subscribers before Nokia started offering their own $100 credit towards the Lumia 900? I'm gonna go ask today but I was wondering since I'm a new customer would I still qualify for that first rebate?
17th April 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiDeadSeriousii

Wasn't AT&T offering a separate $100 rebate to NEW subscribers before Nokia started offering their own $100 credit towards the Lumia 900? I'm gonna go ask today but I was wondering since I'm a new customer would I still qualify for that first rebate?

I some regions there were different rebate offers. I saw the phone listed as 199 with a 100 rebate. Others saw the same thing as only 99 with no rebate.

So, it all depends on where you actually were when you saw it....
17th April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA

257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiDeadSeriousii

The way I understand it is that a rebate has no bearing on the credit. Whatever price you paid for your phone after rebates, etc is the price. The $100 credit is for the data connectivity issue alone.

Example, you paid $99.00 on Amazon after rebate, you still get $100 credit on your ATT bill. Don't confuse the two.

Hope it helps.
17th April 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Providence

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobi

The way I understand it is that a rebate has no bearing on the credit. Whatever price you paid for your phone after rebates, etc is the price. The $100 credit is for the data connectivity issue alone.

Example, you paid $99.00 on Amazon after rebate, you still get $100 credit on your ATT bill. Don't confuse the two.

Hope it helps.

Yea this is exactly what the rep told me. The rebate from AT&T makes the phone 99$ and then the Nokia credit makes it free...although they don't tell you it's an immediate discount, it actually applies to your first bill. You still have to pay for the phone that day.
18th April 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 181

1,009 posts
More
I paid 20 for it on amazon. I confirmed that I will get 100 dollar credit. So ATT is paying me 80 dollars with this phone....awesomeness
24th April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Rochester, NH
Thanks Meter: 25

427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by viny2cool

I paid 20 for it on amazon. I confirmed that I will get 100 dollar credit. So ATT is paying me 80 dollars with this phone....awesomeness

That's awesome. I got the phone for $50 from a New England corporate store, so wondering if I will be getting the full $100... sounds good so far..

But on the other hand.. I think I am returning the phone to go back to Android... I wonder if they will remove the credit?
24th April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #7  
Chicago Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 10

335 posts
More
I bought 3 of them at my local AT&T store and was offered a $100 bill credit as well as $100 in free accessories for each phone.
28th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Union, NJ
Thanks Meter: 132

789 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got my phone on the 21st without knowing about the $100 credit. I got the phone from best buy mobile and I got a $50
Instant rebate so after the credit I'll be up!!!! Awesomeness

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
29th April 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 204

2,568 posts
FYI, $100 credit now showed up on my AT&T account. I bought the phone 4/9.
29th April 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #10  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 256

1,218 posts
Same. I preordered and bought my wifes on launch day and both were credited a day ago.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread