Asus new Padfone

OP oka1

26th April 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #171  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Angry
tnx oka1
Last edited by blackhole.cyber; 26th April 2012 at 03:49 PM.
27th April 2012, 06:49 AM   |  #172  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 71

981 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkhShadow

Don't believe anything CNET says, just a load of crap

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

Unless ur an apple fanboy ofc.

I try to be fair with cnet, but they just ride steve jobs even when hes in his grave.

Sent from my overclocked desire z via tapatalk app
28th April 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #173  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 27

319 posts
More
looks nice
29th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #174  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Really like the concept, but anyone else hesitating to get it because of the manufacturer? Never had any experience with Asus products but from what I hear their customer service leaves much to be desired.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #175  
Flag Southern California

981 posts
More
I had no problems with the transformer i owned a year ago, also i had an asus eee netbook for almost 4 years with no problems besides buying a new battery every year and a half

29th April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #176  
Flag Southern California

981 posts
More
But it doesnt mean i would like a little competition

29th April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #177  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 13

138 posts
More
It weigh 1.5kg as a laptop (phone+tablet/station+keyboard), just 100gr lighter from my 13" laptop (Sony VAIO S), totally not worth it to bring around.
Even more expensive 13" laptop (Sony VAIO Z) weigh 1.1-1.2kg despite it has the Intel Core i7 processor.
It doesn't make sense to have a 1.5kg touchscreen-laptop that only has 10" screen and dual-core ARM processor, and running Android.
29th April 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #178  
Thanks Meter: 54

323 posts
I consider it running Android not as a negative but a positive aspect. Also, how long can your notebook be used in one session? Of course it can't keep up on sheer power, it is a completely different device suited for purposes your notebook can't serve.

If you compare an allrounder with specialized devices covering one of its aspects, it will almost certainly fall short. The Padfone also isn't the best mobile phone.
30th April 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #179  
Flag Southern California

981 posts
More
I agree with planet jumble. It is an all around device that is exactly what im looking for.

I dont want a phone, tablet and laptop with three different systems and three different drives. First things first i want a nice 4inch+ phone with the ability to make it much larger when im at home or on the go. The keyboard dock makes it even more versatile by giving you more battery life (long plan rides) and a full keyboard for doing some more intense work.

My second gen i7 processer laptop is at home with the battery pulled out acting as my main computer all the time. I only bring the laptop if i really really need to.

Secondly, have you ever been in a meeting with your laptop out taking notes and u are getting text messages or phone calls on your phone that you want to answer? No you can discretely answer those sms's or text those people calling you without offending the person who is speaking...

For me, its all about the versatility...

30th April 2012, 01:17 PM   |  #180  
Flag Fife
Thanks Meter: 33

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel126

Really like the concept, but anyone else hesitating to get it because of the manufacturer? Never had any experience with Asus products but from what I hear their customer service leaves much to be desired.

Most companies in the same market have a rep for poor customer service, that's possibly because they rely a lot on forums, rather than someone on the end of a phone.
That said, the one time that I did have to use support (for an ancient motherboard who's HSF clips had broken) it was okay. Asus do seem to be able to produce quite high quality gear though (big fan of Asus motherboards).
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_spd4u

It weigh 1.5kg as a laptop (phone+tablet/station+keyboard), just 100gr lighter from my 13" laptop (Sony VAIO S), totally not worth it to bring around.
Even more expensive 13" laptop (Sony VAIO Z) weigh 1.1-1.2kg despite it has the Intel Core i7 processor.
It doesn't make sense to have a 1.5kg touchscreen-laptop that only has 10" screen and dual-core ARM processor, and running Android.

Yep, I make the total weight to be 1493g (=640g (dock) + 624 (Station) + 129 (phone)). That said, how many phone calls can you answer on that Vaio?

Joking aside - there's the point - what's the battery life like on that Vaio? I'd guess at something in the range 3-5 hours. Which is pretty poor compared to the Asus. As to dual-core, it's been reportedly widely that this really isn't a big deal for Android, since most of the apps are single-core anyway.

So sure if all you want to do is run Office type apps then sure the Vaio's a "better" solution. On the other hand, as a "mobile office in one place" then I'll quietly argue that the Asus has it beaten solid.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, padfone
Previous Thread Next Thread