Compatibility with Android Market apps

6th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #31  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 21

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMG10

Again, I have no issue with paying for it. But if google's market doesn't allow me to get it, even though I know it will work on the NT (see Angry Birds, even though that is actually a free app), how am I supposed to get it? There are loads of apps that cost money I would like to get.

Google needs to have a box that you can check after the warning that comes up saying it isn't compatible, and you acknowledge it and want to buy it anyways.

This is the greatest idea of all time dude! Seriously Google needs to make this, we must get this idea to their attention.
9th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 128

748 posts
i download the apk files to my PC, after that I copy apk files to my SD card, and then use the sd card to install.
The Following User Says Thank You to nooktablet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehite

I recently rooted my NT by this method. It's working great and I love it, but the Android Market shows a lot of apps as incompatible (for example, Pocket Frogs, Facebook for Android, etc).

Does anyone know a way to bypass these restrictions. I think it may have something to do with pixel density requirements?

I've Same question and on my market can't see many apps ex: facebook, viber.... Im try using search on market but cant see. On free apps, limited 40apps and can't show more.

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium
Last edited by datdaigia; 17th April 2012 at 10:12 PM.
29th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #34  

2 posts
Talking
There is a way to download incompatible via Google chrome. The instructions are in this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1515021
3rd May 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 17

191 posts
I ran into this problem with MANY different apps such as "Modern Combat 3" Bejeweled and many others. So what I did was Use Root Explorer and modify the build.prop

Where it said "Nook Tablet" I just Renamed it "XOOM" saved the file and then rebooted.

Viola All my apps worked perfectly and the Google Play store let me download them. I have had no trobles at all afterwards either. If theres a Caveat to to this I havent found it yet.

I am running CM7 Alpha Final.

I think that Developers of Apps did this on Purpose because Barnes & Noble shut them out from their exclusive B&N App store. So the Developers punished the Nook by not letting the Nook use them. Because Honestley they all run just fine.
Last edited by swc2001; 3rd May 2012 at 08:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swc2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 123

481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swc2001

I ran into this problem with MANY different apps such as "Modern Combat 3" Bejeweled and many others. So what I did was Use Root Explorer and modify the build.prop

Where it said "Nook Tablet" I just Renamed it "XOOM" saved the file and then rebooted.

Viola All my apps worked perfectly and the Google Play store let me download them. I have had no trobles at all afterwards either. If theres a Caveat to to this I havent found it yet.

I think that Developers of Apps did this on Purpose because Barnes & Noble shut them out from their exclusive B&N App store. So the Developers punished the Nook by not letting the Nook use them. Because Honestley they all run just fine.

I was able to download Gameloft's files after doing this too
Just tried and the game closed after "checking licenses"
Last edited by Keithn; 7th May 2012 at 08:49 PM.
19th May 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #37  

8 posts
Thumbs up step by step?
I think this may be the answer to my question of not being able to download Google Play videos to my NT. I am a noobie, would you kindly give a step by step on how to find/modify the build.prop? Sorry for my ignorance, thank you for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc2001

22nd May 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #38  

1 posts
Sorry, i'm here for the first time and may write this in wrong tread, but...

I rooted my 8 gb Tablet. Everything works fine except one thing: when i installed apps from sd card with es file manager, they installed. But when i try to run app, there is an error "The application <name of app> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." What may be wrong?
22nd May 2012, 11:56 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 113

490 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfius01

Sorry, i'm here for the first time and may write this in wrong tread, but...

I rooted my 8 gb Tablet. Everything works fine except one thing: when i installed apps from sd card with es file manager, they installed. But when i try to run app, there is an error "The application <name of app> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." What may be wrong?

Are you saying you moved apps to the SD card? If so, the Stock B&N version of Android doesn't play well with that. You'll have to leave them internal or use a AOSP-based ROM.

If that's not what you're talking about, then what app are you referring to?
27th May 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
Has anyone running CM9 0.04 changed the name or build for better compatibility and if you did what did you change.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread