Google play shows "kindle fire" under devices

29th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Up until recently the play store could not see my fire. Now it recognizes it and allows me to click on download. However when I do nothing happens. This is an unrooted kindle. Play shows the apps as "installed" but again nothing ever gets to the kindle. Am I doing something wrong? Or is play recognizing fires now and working with them only if they're rooted? I didn't know if Google found some way around amazon's block.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
thexdinfinity
29th August 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Your not doing anything wrong, my kindle had the same thing. I wasn't rooted and I was able to get on the play store but if I downloaded an app then it would crash. If you root and flash gapps on your kindle then you can send apps to download on your fire.
29th August 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #3  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 108

369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thexdinfinity

Your not doing anything wrong, my kindle had the same thing. I wasn't rooted and I was able to get on the play store but if I downloaded an app then it would crash. If you root and flash gapps on your kindle then you can send apps to download on your fire.

If you have any apps on your fire that you sideloaded such as play books or play music that use a google account, then you will likely show up on google play
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread