Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I want nothing but sheer SPEED !

Tip us?

younix258
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoism View Post
Not true, actually.

1. I have over 150 apps on my phone right now
2. I certainly do. Lots of streaming, DLing, gaming, messaging, emailing, etc
3. I have most all my settings enabled atm, only thing I don't have is a pretty live wallpaper lol (but occasionally I do turn one on for a few weeks)
4. And that would be?

I get nearly 2 days worth of battery on ICS Zen with the stock battery.

That was day one of my flash, and I didn't use my phone very much as you can see...but even still, it had good life on the first day...the battery life has improved substantially since then (as it tends to once the rom settles) Now, I am constantly using my phone, and I can "usually" get about 36-38 hours on one charge.

It's the only ICS rom that has had no lag for me, whatsoever, and has excellent battery performance. I am speaking from my perspective, not any one else's. Phone's vary from devices to device...making a swooping claim like, "all ics roms are buggy and lag" is just silly. Just because your device lags on certain roms, doesn't mean that the performance of the rom is reflected by your experience.
Tbh.though, i dont see how a rom would lag for one phone and not on another... makes.little sense tto me.

And i havent tried.zen.but.is it really that different from passion?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Xenoism
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by younix258 View Post
Tbh.though, i dont see how a rom would lag for one phone and not on another... makes.little sense tto me.

And i havent tried.zen.but.is it really that different from passion?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
Hardware varies greatly from one device to the next...thats why some people can undervolt crazy values, and others can undervolt very little....same with overvolting and everything in between.

And, I ran passion for a few months....Zen is like a new experience in my opinion.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Hellscore Kernel

Launcher: Nova

VeryCoolAlan
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Yea I couldn't under volt past -25 else it froze