Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,567 Members 42,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

donations ?????????

Tip us?

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,896
I know that sometimes it's best to say nothing, but it's so difficult not to respond to somethings

Although I feel the childish yet perfect response would be WHATEVER!

Step away from your mobile....

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 24/08/2014 (ART)] (Franco [#r62]) root: [superSU v2.02] TWRP
Retired - Nexus 4 (standby phone), HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,783
According to conantroutman, senior mod, I am the same "level" as a recognized developer.

According to XDA Rule # 8, users are allowed to ask to donations in their signatures, "However donations up front are not allowed, this forum is about sharing, not about getting paid to do something, that's what your job is for."

Perhaps a better way to have handled this would have been to have clicked on the posters name, and then to have chosen "Add xxxx to Your Ignore List".
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgt. slaughter
Old
(Last edited by sgt. slaughter; 28th April 2012 at 06:30 PM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,899
Okay I'm here no fear guys.

Now in response to all that has happened here I first want to say thank you to the two individuals that took the spat to PM and stopped it in the public forum. Again PM is where you should take ANY and EVERY disagreement you might have with someone.
Do NOT let me see you starting a pissing contest in the public forum directly attacking users using foul curse words! This is not the place for that and never will be on my watch!

Now as for the topic/thread....I'm okay with it long as you guys continue to keep it civil in here going forward. This topic while can get out of hand easily, is one that is okay to discuss imho.

My personal opinion on the subject though.....
It is more than okay for people to have donation links in their sig's that are not dev's. You dont have to be a Dev to warrant a donation. Many of the themer's and other people that contribute to the community are NOT developers but they provide value to the overall community and if someone wants to donate to them so be it...They might not get much use out of the button, but it is their right to have one if they want...

Now asking or demanding for donations up front will not be tolerated here in any way. There can be a fine line on this with RD's and others using the donation system for their beta's and such before a wide release but thats NOT what I'm talking about here at all. I'm talking about the flat out demanding of a donation before providing a service or doing anything else...If you see that then report the post and I or someone else will handle it.

Any further ?'s see the rules in my signature or PM me.

Again, keep this civil or it will be closed...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paul.robo
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post

Now asking or demanding for donations up front will not be tolerated here in any way. There can be a fine line on this with RD's and others using the donation system for their beta's and such before a wide release but thats NOT what I'm talking about here at all. I'm talking about the flat out demanding of a donation before providing a service or doing anything else...If you see that then report the post and I or someone else will handle it.
exactly what i meant. I never meant for this to get so out of hand. I should have put more detail and more of a explanation about it. I have posted a thread, Aimed at the people i offended. I am sorry this got so out of control, I will be leaving XDA untill i have my operation and i have Fully recoverd. (Which will be about 6months). When i do recover i will be starting to port roms and apps like i used to ( Thats right i have not just joined xda i used to be here before, I was on the good old sony x8 forum I used to port app's i even made flash player work for sony x8 arm 6 devices :P i even ported sense to x8, so i am a contributor to xda members, I closed my account back then but i recently joined back up. I would like to say a very nice thanks to Simon.TS.HTC For being so understanding and being just a hell of a nice guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to paul.robo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
Slightly off-topic, I'm really happy with you, Mr Sgt Slaughter
You are a great civilized mod, and I'm glad you are keeping things in order here, and regularly checking by. I'm happy that you are the new DS mod!

Thanks alot man!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,553
+1 to that. Maybe the perfect embodiment of the "iron fist in a velvet glove"?

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Slightly off-topic, I'm really happy with you, Mr Sgt Slaughter
You are a great civilized mod, and I'm glad you are keeping things in order here, and regularly checking by. I'm happy that you are the new DS mod!

Thanks alot man!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
To be honest you guys deserve just as much credit b/c i can't venture in here hardly at all to check so i depend on the reported posts...keep up the reporting and things will get handled swiftly i promise.
The Following User Says Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GadgetCheck
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,263
The thread has been locked on OP's request.

Peace!

www.checkrom.com
Where support gets refined as social networking
Founder and Developer of CheckROMô for Samsung Phone's

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe