Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

OP guapinoy

29th April 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
Still on sale. It barely fits in the standard OEM charger from Samsung. The door doessn't shut on the charger all the way.

I haven't tried the Skyrocket yet, but it will be a close fit also.

edit..

ok the Galaxy Nexus extended battery fits super snug in the Skyrocket. You can work the flexible back cover to snap fit real well.
PERFECT solution for extended battery! +++++recommendation.

Now to find out how long it lasts. I am using JuiceDefender Ultimate - customized settings
Last edited by discothan; 7th May 2012 at 06:05 AM.
29th April 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #122  
Flag La$ Vega$
Thanks Meter: 6

34 posts
More
sanded down the inside of the cover and it fits great!! Thanks
29th April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #123  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 289

1,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaFlash

The cover or the top corner of the battery? There's not a whole lot of material on the cover so it won't do a whole lot for you, how much did you get to sand???

29th April 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
Quote:

I didn't bother to sand anything down...just worked the edges of the back cover til it slipped right over the battery. We are talking 2-3 millimeters here. The back cover is flexible enough to stretch over and snap right in.
29th April 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #125  
Flag La$ Vega$

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptosXLayer2

The cover or the top corner of the battery? There's not a whole lot of material on the cover so it won't do a whole lot for you, how much did you get to sand???

I put the battery in and pressed down to see where it was touching. I didn't want to hack up the battery (In case I had to return it) but I did shave a little off / sanded the top left corner. Like a Glove!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335733192879.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1031572   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335733223589.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1031575   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335733238106.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1031577   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335733252592.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	1031580  
30th April 2012, 11:50 AM   |  #126  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 289

1,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by discothan

The back cover is flexible enough to stretch over and snap right in.

AGAIN....

For some people, that works just fine. For others, modification is required! I am on my third Skyrocket (switched from black to white, first white one had a dead camera out of the box), and they ALL have been tight fits against the extended battery! This is NOT a generalized statement you can make for all Skyrocket owners.

Quote:

I put the battery in and pressed down to see where it was touching. I didn't want to hack up the battery (In case I had to return it) but I did shave a little off / sanded the top left corner. Like a Glove!

That's pretty interesting. 2-3mm is about the right amount of gap that I had with my battery as the user above reported, but sanding down the inside cover would have never worked for me to get 2-3mm worth of extra room! You probably took down 1mm max with all that sanding, meaning you had much less of a gap to work with then.... Good going!
30th April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #127  
Flag West Milford, NJ
Thanks Meter: 293

2,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
just ordered a oe samsung one for 19.99 US shipped from amazon.
30th April 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #128  
Flag La$ Vega$

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptosXLayer2

AGAIN....

For some people, that works just fine. For others, modification is required! I am on my third Skyrocket (switched from black to white, first white one had a dead camera out of the box), and they ALL have been tight fits against the extended battery! This is NOT a generalized statement you can make for all Skyrocket owners.

That's pretty interesting. 2-3mm is about the right amount of gap that I had with my battery as the user above reported, but sanding down the inside cover would have never worked for me to get 2-3mm worth of extra room! You probably took down 1mm max with all that sanding, meaning you had much less of a gap to work with then.... Good going!

Sanded the Inside cover and top left side of the battery. I'd say at least 2mm was shaved down. It was worst before. I should've taken a pic of how bad the buldge was before I sanded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
30th April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #129  
Flag New Haven
Thanks Meter: 13

117 posts
More
I bought two of these for myself and my girlfriend's Skyrocket. On mine it fit perfectly with no problem. My girlfriend has the white Skyrocket and at first the cover won't stay close on the right side, then I barely folded the back cover right on the center and it fit perfectly.
1st May 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #130  
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 14

129 posts
More
Got the nexus extended battery in the mail today from amazon ($20!) and put it in my phone. Took a bit of sanding my battery cover (and maybe a little of my battery... maybe ) and i got it to fit. Its tight, but I like it like that.

the best way i found to get it to stay snapped is to do the top and bottom, then the left side, and while holding the left side down with your left hand, snap the right side in.

Now hopefully we see some battery improvements...

*the reason i worked so hard to get it to stay shut without a case is that i run naked. All i have is a screen protector, and I wanna keep it that way! IMO cases ruin the sleekness of the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread