ScreenDim 1.10 beta -- need testers

29th April 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 309

697 posts
Donate to Me
I apologize if this violates forum rules.

ScreenDim is my (paid) app for dimming the screen beyond standard OS settings. On OLED devices, it basically does what ScreenFilter does, but I think in a rather more friendly and useful manner, including pre-sets. (On LCD devices, it's much better than ScreenFilter, as it actually dims the backlight, thereby improving contrast and battery life.)

I just finished making a beta of ScreenDim 1.10. The main new feature is Easy Mode which combines the brightness and contrast sliders into one. Currently, Easy Mode only works on Galaxy S2 (including Epic 4G Touch and other versions) and Kindle Fire. You can toggle Easy Mode with Menu | Settings | Easy Mode.

I'd be grateful for any beta test results. To the first ten people who send me useful reports, I'll give give free copies of the paid ScreenDim 1.10 once it's released, as well as free copies of my LunarMap HD and Force2SD apps, if you want them. (Alas, I don't have a gift-code setup arranged, so the free copies won't auto-upgrade.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arpruss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 138

1,047 posts
More
I would be more than happy to be your first beta tester!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #3  
Flag Connecticut

1,047 posts
More
Buggy at times, when at 0% it doesn't work with volume keys --- only min: 0.0% and Max 0.1% when put down to 0.0% with volume keys...

Same applies when pressing min (highest will go to 0.1% when holding volume up and repeatedly hitting volume up...)

When screen is too low a dialogue should pop up saying if you do not confirm this brightness within 15 seconds, it will go back to your last setting...

There should be an option to disable notification icon (not invisible, just not at all) totally when using and/or not using the application.

A more detailed About/Help menu would be more useful...

29th April 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Connecticut

1,047 posts
More
If I've helped, I am interested in free paid versions of your apps... I believe that if you send a check in the mail after the person buys the app as reimbursement would be more easier than consistently updating via email. (Not to overstep you or anything, just a suggestion.)

29th April 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 140

1,095 posts
More
App works as promised. Some screenshots attached.

Suggestions: have way to disable notification icon.

Also when not in easy mode the lowest you can go is 11.8 on both sliders. Not sure if that is design or a bug.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335672753165.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1030249   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335672781158.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1030251  
29th April 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 80

692 posts
More
Looks good, except the plus button above the brightness slider doesn't work. I'll play with it tonight and let you know how it goes.

29th April 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

101 posts
Nice app! Everything seems to be working, I just don't understand the "Active" action..I'm not sure what the purpose of it is.

29th April 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

697 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedscreen

If I've helped, I am interested in free paid versions of your apps... I believe that if you send a check in the mail after the person buys the app as reimbursement would be more easier than consistently updating via email. (Not to overstep you or anything, just a suggestion.)

Great idea. I can send a paypal payment. I had someone do that for me when I tested their app, and I forgot that I could do it myself.
29th April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

697 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigt2003

Looks good, except the plus button above the brightness slider doesn't work. I'll play with it tonight and let you know how it goes.

When did you download? I think I fixed that problem around midnight last night and uploaded a version with that fixed. (But I forgot to mark a version number.)
The Following User Says Thank You to arpruss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

697 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky_93

Nice app! Everything seems to be working, I just don't understand the "Active" action..I'm not sure what the purpose of it is.

You mean the "Active" checkbox? That turns ScreenDim on and off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread