Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[UPDATE: 4/2/12] PRL Information Thread

OP Whosdaman

28th April 2012, 08:20 PM   |  #281  
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ptide

With 00002 you are roaming all the time. Spirit will cancel you're account for excessive roaming if you use it all the time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5

As if it needed to be repeated?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #282  
Flag St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 42

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ptide

With 00002 you are roaming all the time. Spirit will cancel you're account for excessive roaming if you use it all the time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5

Well that's one way to get out of a contract. Lol

On another note, can anyone in the Chicago market say which prl is best for us on a Samsung phone? Thx!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #283  
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1

Well that's one way to get out of a contract. Lol

On another note, can anyone in the Chicago market say which prl is best for us on a Samsung phone? Thx!

Probably one capable of network vision since they're rolling that out in Chicago

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattykinsx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #284  
Flag Baltimore,Md.USA
Thanks Meter: 57

240 posts
Donate to Me
More
Matty--2 qwik things...#1 really sorry for your recent loss-hang in there and in time your life will get back to normal. #2 Same question i already asked 3-4posts back but NOW--im asking about the modified 01337 VZW prl. I read up on it through here and seems like it has been modded to be roaming all the time-BUT NOT SAY THAT IT IS--does that mean that the service providers DONT see it roaming and it is safe. That is what i came away with after reading. Thanks again for your guys replies...im screwed down in this little valley i live in...and i even have a Zboost metro hooked up outon my porch!
28th April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #285  
SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 7

125 posts
More
It will not show as roaming on your phone, but your service providers will definitely count any access through the PRL as roaming, both data and voice.

Actually, you should be able to login to your sprint account and view it under usage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdwing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #286  
Flag St. Charles

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx

Probably one capable of network vision since they're rolling that out in Chicago

Is the E4gT going to benefit from a network vision prl?

Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 28th April 2012 at 10:49 PM.
28th April 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #287  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 33

158 posts
More
Trying out the 11119 Prl, hope this works out, they are upgrading the network here in Michigan but it still slow so far.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx

Even if your phone is not a network vision ready, you may still benifit from better performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackops11252 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #288  
Flag St. Charles

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops11252

Trying out the 11119 Prl, hope this works out, they are upgrading the network here in Michigan but it still slow so far.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Even if your phone is not a network vision ready, you may still benifit from better performance.

I have been currently ruining 11119 and nothing spectacular. I'm not even sure if I've been roaming actually.

Ok well next question is which NV prl should I choose then?

29th April 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #289  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,251

1,772 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1

I have been currently ruining 11119 and nothing spectacular. I'm not even sure if I've been roaming actually.

Ok well next question is which NV prl should I choose then?

you will benefit from improved backhauls when theyve added it to your area. the NV PRL's add the 800mhz EMSR SIDs... but 800mhz emsr will be used for VOICE ONLY(until the 800mhz lte transition in 2014). EVDO will stay in the 1900mhz band.

not sure our phone supports the new 800mhz EMSR band. if it did.. we'd need the NV PRL as well as be in a NV vision area where 800mhz EMSR is already complete.

is anyone in a NV vision area with live NV towers? if so.. run some tests also i think the 800mhz EMSR towers are set to a lower priority than the normal towers.... so the prl would have to be manually edited to prefer the 800mhz sid in your area.. over the 1900mhz sid.
3rd May 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #290  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 19,699

8,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
QPST install and PRL Update break usb mass storage
My pc can't see the SD mass storage devices after installing QPST and updating the prl. I confirmed this by reflashing the stock Calkulin 3.0 and it started working again. I just tried it again, both SD's came up, flashed PRL and now I've lost it again. Any ideas please?

Edit: With usb debugging enabled, I can select the usb mass storage from the notification bar and manually connect USB storage but it's a little odd that with debugging disabled, it won't connect automatically.
Last edited by tdunham; 3rd May 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
11124, prl, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread