Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Check your AT&T stores - selling tomorrow!?

Tip us?

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro View Post
The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?
Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.

jtwlbz
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Default 6th

local shop here told me 6th...

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?
Integrated LTE Chip?

I like sense better than touchwiz HAH....

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3
The Following User Says Thank You to expertzero1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
expertzero1 said it right, and OEMs all have a certain "look" just how the HOX is undeniably HTC design, the GSIII will resemble other Samsungs, and I prefer HTC design.

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas View Post
expertzero1 said it right, and OEMs all have a certain "look" just how the HOX is undeniably HTC design, the GSIII will resemble other Samsungs, and I prefer HTC design.
Yeah i want lte dont want to use thehspa version for the s3 plus i dont want the middle button like the international s2 lol looks funky

vinuneuro
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90110010119 View Post
Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.
I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertzero1 View Post
Integrated LTE Chip?

I like sense better than touchwiz HAH....

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3
Sir, you have listed the majority of the reasons why i prefer HTC and the One X!!

Quote:
I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.
It could, but me not waiting!!! . Yes they do but those are not even the best parts of it either lol. Well.... Sense 4.0 could be one of them..

amswak
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? .
We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.

expertzero1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by amswak View Post
We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.
yeah htc will probably pump out faster updates. for example ice cream sandwhich for most of its devices 1-3 months earlier than samsung.
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90110010119 View Post
Haha yeah i think my store also follow the rules. I also pre ordered mine but through Amazon Wireless to save so major dough because I live in CA. Supposed to get it on the 9th . I hope I get it earlier though, but who doesn't lol. I can't stop thinking about this thing!! I probably shouldn't have gone and played with it today because it just makes me so much more impatient..
What dough did you save? Im also in California and I just pre-ordered mine and only paid $199 out the door. I didnt have to pay tax or an upgrade fee, just the 199. I also get it the 4th. Im not sure why you chose to wait 5 more days...