Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Check your AT&T stores - selling tomorrow!?

OP robcorn

29th April 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro

The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?

Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.
29th April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #22  
jtwlbz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 237
 
1,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
6th
local shop here told me 6th...
29th April 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Flag So Cal, California
Thanks Meter: 370
 
2,670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro

The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?

Integrated LTE Chip?

I like sense better than touchwiz HAH....

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3
The Following User Says Thank You to expertzero1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #24  
vioalas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, Fl
Thanks Meter: 100
 
669 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
expertzero1 said it right, and OEMs all have a certain "look" just how the HOX is undeniably HTC design, the GSIII will resemble other Samsungs, and I prefer HTC design.
29th April 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Flag So Cal, California
Thanks Meter: 370
 
2,670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas

expertzero1 said it right, and OEMs all have a certain "look" just how the HOX is undeniably HTC design, the GSIII will resemble other Samsungs, and I prefer HTC design.

Yeah i want lte dont want to use thehspa version for the s3 plus i dont want the middle button like the international s2 lol looks funky
29th April 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago / W.Lafayette, IN
Thanks Meter: 42
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90110010119

Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.

I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.
29th April 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertzero1

Integrated LTE Chip?

I like sense better than touchwiz HAH....

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3

Sir, you have listed the majority of the reasons why i prefer HTC and the One X!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro

I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.

It could, but me not waiting!!! . Yes they do but those are not even the best parts of it either lol. Well.... Sense 4.0 could be one of them..
29th April 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #28  
Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro

I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? .

We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.
29th April 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag So Cal, California
Thanks Meter: 370
 
2,670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amswak

We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.

yeah htc will probably pump out faster updates. for example ice cream sandwhich for most of its devices 1-3 months earlier than samsung.
Red5
29th April 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #30  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90110010119

Haha yeah i think my store also follow the rules. I also pre ordered mine but through Amazon Wireless to save so major dough because I live in CA. Supposed to get it on the 9th . I hope I get it earlier though, but who doesn't lol. I can't stop thinking about this thing!! I probably shouldn't have gone and played with it today because it just makes me so much more impatient..

What dough did you save? Im also in California and I just pre-ordered mine and only paid $199 out the door. I didnt have to pay tax or an upgrade fee, just the 199. I also get it the 4th. Im not sure why you chose to wait 5 more days...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes