5,596,179 Members 34,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/KERNEL] OFFICIAL CM11.0 + 3.0.72 Kernel for Kindle Fire [NIGHTLIES]

Tip us?

seishuku
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Ok, i got it built, had to edit a few mk files though... must be something about my slackware build.

Thanks!

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seishuku View Post
Ok, i got it built, had to edit a few mk files though... must be something about my slackware build.

Thanks!
Awesome. If you'd like, send me the edits you needed to make, and as other devs jump into the fray, I can keep track of various compile "issues" using different build systems.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seishuku
Old
(Last edited by seishuku; 29th April 2012 at 05:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
One was an edit to the top level make file, to set the right cross compiler... though maybe that was just an env var set wrong.
The other is in commands.mk, for the dos to Unix text file converter, for whatever reason it didn't pick up on dos2unix on my system.

Oh, also the reason its rejecting usb2 devices that take too much power, is because the port can only supply 100mA and the device wants 100mA, but the USB core doubles the current requirement for devices with bad descriptors that have incorrect mA descriptions.

I still haven't got to the bottom of the descriptor read fail though. It only seems to happen with my bluetooth usb adapter, which maybe because it's a cheap-o $1 HK adapter. lol

Edit-

If you edit devices/usb/core/generic.c
Remove the '*2' on the 'if (c->desc.bMaxPower...' line, USB flash drives will work with out a powered hub.

Edit-

It also seems that one of my flash drives work, the 2gb. Both the 4GB sticks fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to seishuku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csholmq
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by isfisherman View Post
I had repacked the SystemUI.apk that from gedeROM, with volume slider and modified battery icons.
Work fine! Before hashcode release the new one, if some one need it, here it is

Works like a charm! Away with the bluetooth setting and welcome audio slider!

Though the battery stats look like crap imo. I'll see if I can live with that

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19608

DONATE TO ME
I have a new full ROM build which includes the #8 kernel and the volume mod up on rombot here:
http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/otter/cm9/

Note that this was more of a test than anything, to see how an automated build would look.

I'm still working on the kernel, etc.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlyRyan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does this take a long time to boot for the first time?

I've tried flashing it over my JackpotCalvin ICS build and installing Hashcode's ROM with it built in and I have been on the opening animation for like 10 minutes.

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRyan View Post
Does this take a long time to boot for the first time?

I've tried flashing it over my JackpotCalvin ICS build and installing Hashcode's ROM with it built in and I have been on the opening animation for like 10 minutes.
Couple items to check:
- Flash in TWRP
- You will need to wipe when moving from any non CyanogenMode/3.0 kernel based ROM, can restore apps via Titanium Backup

1st boot is about a minute at the max. (Probably less)

FlyRyan
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
Couple items to check:
- Flash in TWRP
- You will need to wipe when moving from any non CyanogenMode/3.0 kernel based ROM, can restore apps via Titanium Backup

1st boot is about a minute at the max. (Probably less)

I seem to have it working. I just redownloaded the kernel and flashed it again and all seems well as far as booting. However, I can only get WiFi to work in your CM9 version. Wifi will not toggle on in the other ROM (which is also CM9 based). Any ideas?

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19608

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRyan View Post
I seem to have it working. I just redownloaded the kernel and flashed it again and all seems well as far as booting. However, I can only get WiFi to work in your CM9 version. Wifi will not toggle on in the other ROM (which is also CM9 based). Any ideas?
Hard to tell. I make sure every build has recompiled modules.. or possibly some difference in wpa_supplicant? For this build, I made 2 edits in systemui tabletstatusbar and added the volume pngs. Everything else is straight from github.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BrooksBlood
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Could just be from hardware damage, but I seem to be getting really bad "ghost images" on my screen on your new rom with the kernel integrated in. Trying to turn the brightness down to see if that effected it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA
Developing is fun when you've had something to drink The frustration you obtain is hilarious!