ROM: Galaxy Exhibit 4G Peach Sunrise 3.01

OP jocala

29th April 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #631  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 125

413 posts
More
actually I don't think it's the rom's fault my bad. I just flashed to the xquizit rom and did the same process and I got the wifi turning off by itself again. I'll flash back to stock and retry the 1.2a with the lcd change display. Sorry for the mishap!
29th April 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #632  
Flag Bountiful
Thanks Meter: 347

1,927 posts
More
Is it just me or is it impossible to get into CWM recovery using the method in the OP (Vol up, then power, then release)? I've also tried many other combinations, but the only way I can get the phone into recovery is using adb.

I would like to be able to access recovery without using my PC and adb.
Last edited by creeve4; 29th April 2012 at 03:20 AM.
29th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #633  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX

413 posts
More
Ok, I've fixed the problem..I first tried just flash back to stock, but that wasn't really successful (wifi error, wouldn't even let me enable it.) So what I did was format /sdcard, flash back to stock, root, cwm, flash 1.2a and changed lcd density and now it works fine
sorry for the mis-info earlier!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

actually jocala, I have a question, this problem has been ticking me off since forever. Whenever I change the dpi, somehow some of the apps in the market become "incompatible" and when I change back to the stock dpi, it still says it's incompatible. What do you think might be the problem? I've faced this on rebelROM, PS 1.2a, not sure about cm9...but anyways any insight would be helpful.
29th April 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #634  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,047

2,280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitsjae

Ok, I've fixed the problem..I first tried just flash back to stock, but that wasn't really successful (wifi error, wouldn't even let me enable it.) So what I did was format /sdcard, flash back to stock, root, cwm, flash 1.2a and changed lcd density and now it works fine
sorry for the mis-info earlier!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

actually jocala, I have a question, this problem has been ticking me off since forever. Whenever I change the dpi, somehow some of the apps in the market become "incompatible" and when I change back to the stock dpi, it still says it's incompatible. What do you think might be the problem? I've faced this on rebelROM, PS 1.2a, not sure about cm9...but anyways any insight would be helpful.

I think TB has a function to reset market items. I've never used it, but you look like a pioneering type
29th April 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #635  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX

413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

I think TB has a function to reset market items. I've never used it, but you look like a pioneering type

haha, I've researched about it, and most people are saying that it could be that the market scans for appropriate screen resolution for the app vs. the device and if it doesn't correlate, it shows up as "incompatible" which makes sense...

I've run into another dilemma...didn't even touch the resolution this time but it's the wifi turning itself off...I'll enable wifi..it will scan...and then 10 seconds later it will turn itself off...I've ran into this earlier when I first flashed your rom...it was actually fine at first and then I installed a custom font, which caused me to reboot, which brought me to this error...what do you think?

and I've not mentioned this earlier, but whenever I get that wifi problem and I try to reboot, the phone gets stuck in the "Samsung Exhibit II 4g Android 4G" logo screen, and goes into some sort of bootloop...gah...I wonder if it's just my device..
----------

I'd not like to go back to rebelROM.....let's hope I get a fix by tonight..
Last edited by lolitsjae; 29th April 2012 at 04:25 AM.
29th April 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #636  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX

413 posts
More
ok I thought it was voltage control that was causing this but I guess not....I've ran Romwipe, cache, dalvik, factory data reset and flashed 1.2a over and over again..but this wifi keeps on turning off by itself....yaaarrgghhhhhh.....

also I've noticed in cwm...I get this
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

This is confusing...
29th April 2012, 05:33 AM   |  #637  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitsjae

ok I thought it was voltage control that was causing this but I guess not....I've ran Romwipe, cache, dalvik, factory data reset and flashed 1.2a over and over again..but this wifi keeps on turning off by itself....yaaarrgghhhhhh.....

also I've noticed in cwm...I get this

This is confusing...

The cwm log error messages I'll get around to fixing, sooner or later. They are harmless.

Your wifi, sorry, no idea. Didn't you say it was happening with other roms as well?
29th April 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #638  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX

413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

The cwm log error messages I'll get around to fixing, sooner or later. They are harmless.

Your wifi, sorry, no idea. Didn't you say it was happening with other roms as well?

oh ok I was worried those error messages were causing something haha.
on rebelROM: wifi doesn't turn on, just get "error" below wifi
on PS 1.2a: wifi works perfectly after first boot, but after second time, it starts scanning, and then turns off by itself, not sure why. <-- when I try to boot from this point the phone goes in bootloop, and I'm pretty sure others haven't faced this, just me, which is confusing me...

I just did flash back to stock again, rooted, cwm'd, now flashing rebel..so hopefully this will be the last battle of the night..I'm exhausted...haha
29th April 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #639  
Flag Houston/Austin, TX

413 posts
More
Ok, I just flashed to rebel straight from stock and things are back to normal....I'll flash back to PS1.2a when I'm done with college finals...until then..haha.

Hook em' horns UT!
29th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #640  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,280 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

Is it just me or is it impossible to get into CWM recovery using the method in the OP (Vol up, then power, then release)? I've also tried many other combinations, but the only way I can get the phone into recovery is using adb.

I would like to be able to access recovery without using my PC and adb.

Peach includes an app for this, Quickboot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread