Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Evo 3D] Android 4.0 Update Discussion Thread [News/Rumors/Info] [WORKING LEAK]

Tip us?

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2889
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsointeresting View Post
My problem is not the length of the update, my problem is that they are not , along with most other oems, keeping us up to date on the progress. All they say is "coming soon" or "later this year". If they would at least make a half assed effort to communicate then it'd put a lot of people a little more at ease

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
that there is a double edge sword...if they miss the dates they initially project and tell everyone, they will NEVER hear the end of it...So many things can happen that could cause an update to get delayed and missing a date is something companies in general do not like doing...

cityeyes
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
that there is a double edge sword...if they miss the dates they initially project and tell everyone, they will NEVER hear the end of it...So many things can happen that could cause an update to get delayed and missing a date is something companies in general do not like doing...
True, but they can always update on their progress without giving us a concrete ETA.

Like "Hey, the rom is in testing right now, we hit a snag so it's going to be a bit longer, but we're working on it!" instead of "Hey, it's coming out sometime in Spring and we are going to give you the bare minimum of information on the update."

It's one thing to keep the eta under wraps because idiots on the internet will bitch endlessly when it isn't hit, it's another thing to give us virtually no info aside from "it's coming out" and expect us not to wonder what's going on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityeyes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notsointeresting
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityeyes View Post
True, but they can always update on their progress without giving us a concrete ETA.

Like "Hey, the rom is in testing right now, we hit a snag so it's going to be a bit longer, but we're working on it!" instead of "Hey, it's coming out sometime in Spring and we are going to give you the bare minimum of information on the update."

It's one thing to keep the eta under wraps because idiots on the internet will bitch endlessly when it isn't hit, it's another thing to give us virtually no info aside from "it's coming out" and expect us not to wonder what's going on.
Exactly what Cityeyes meant. Sorry for being a bit vague. Anyhow yes I just wish they'd let us know what was up with their development to reassure the slightly paranoid users that they ARE working on it; no need for specific ETA's (developers and modders on XDA hate when people ask, why shouldn't they?). It just ruins a customer expierence when you have to send an email, or pester on Twitter to receive an answer like "Coming soon"

Follow me on Google+
Follow me on Twitter

eXplicit815
Old
Thanks Meter 1204

DONATE TO ME
Not sure if anyone saw this on Engadget. It's outlining T-Mobile's ICS roll-out. Sensation and Amaze both getting the update on June 16th.

LINKY

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
Not sure if anyone saw this on Engadget. It's outlining T-Mobile's ICS roll-out. Sensation and Amaze both getting the update on June 16th.

LINKY
That's forever from now lol well not really one month but still

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10

FrozenRiff
Old
Thanks Meter 4338
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post

LINKY
So we should expect ics in July for the 3D

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

BlackMaster1991
Old
Thanks Meter 179
funny story, told everyone, that we should expect june or even july to get ics and all the people said, noooo april or may for sure.... i think i got the right one
i knew it, that htc forgot the evo and focussed on the one series and the sensation....sad but true

BrianBaker
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMaster1991 View Post
funny story, told everyone, that we should expect june or even july to get ics and all the people said, noooo april or may for sure.... i think i got the right one
i knew it, that htc forgot the evo and focussed on the one series and the sensation....sad but true
You were guessing a release just like anyone else. I said it'll be here in August.Does that me me a prophet?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

thefsfempire
Old
Thanks Meter 96
If T-Mobile is doing rollouts for the Sensation on June 16th (far past HTC's "March" release schedule) then I'd assume it would much later (isn't GSM always quicker to update? I could be wrong...).

Now with the nearly complete Sense 4 ROM and Unicorn M5 release, Sense 3.6 update doesn't seem like such a big deal now, save for some camera functionality.

I'm speaking for myself only, I know a lot of people still would like an official ICS update and I agree, but I guess it'll just happen when it does.
Shawn

Moto X (16GB; Black)
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock (Do we have a choice?)

Nexus 7 (16GB; 2nd Gen)
ROM: Stock

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2889
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefsfempire View Post
If T-Mobile is doing rollouts for the Sensation on June 16th (far past HTC's "March" release schedule) then I'd assume it would much later (isn't GSM always quicker to update? I could be wrong...).

Now with the nearly complete Sense 4 ROM and Unicorn M5 release, Sense 3.6 update doesn't seem like such a big deal now, save for some camera functionality.

I'm speaking for myself only, I know a lot of people still would like an official ICS update and I agree, but I guess it'll just happen when it does.
GSM typically is....BUT....the CDMA EVO3D was released before it so that might play a factor in the time table some...

Wasn't there a GSM or overseas version of the EVO4G? when did that get the GB update?...

Tags
evo 3d, ice cream sandwich, leak, official, ruu