Ask a question

No registration required

Made my g1 a LOT LOT faster

OP buggatti

25th April 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

133 posts
Hey. I am running froyo by lazlo. recently i had an idea to use development setting to kill activity immediately leave them and limit the app processes to 4. I am using lightning launcher as my main home launcher and increase vm heap to 48 and enabled JIT(sometimes its faster and sometimes slower) and enabled gpu rendering. Now my phone is flying. Apps open very fastly and according to taskkiller i have 50 mb free ram.

Bad Part. Multitasking is Dead. Sometimes playstore needs to be opened twice. mailing attachment takes longer because gmail is killed when gallery opens
25th April 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggatti

Hey. I am running froyo by lazlo. recently i had an idea to use development setting to kill activity immediately leave them and limit the app processes to 4. I am using lightning launcher as my main home launcher and increase vm heap to 48 and enabled JIT(sometimes its faster and sometimes slower) and enabled gpu rendering. Now my phone is flying. Apps open very fastly and according to taskkiller i have 50 mb free ram.

Bad Part. Multitasking is Dead. Sometimes playstore needs to be opened twice. mailing attachment takes longer because gmail is killed when gallery opens

Questions:
How did you do this?
I found the settings for JIT enabling, but all the others are not in the standard FBL rom, unless it's REALLY hidden...
25th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,422

3,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
same here, cant find any of those settings except for jit and vm(my vm can only go to 32m), changing those 2 my first boot locked up on the home screen , 2nd boot started ok, dont c much change though, lazlo was pretty fast as it was, but after a while was laggy, backing it up and then using superwipe then restoring the backup seems to help
26th April 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #4  

82 posts
More
If I remember correctly, those options are in Gingerbread Roms, not FBL.
26th April 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

133 posts
i got to the other setting using dev tools. i downloaded the apk from the Internet and the setting are there in the development setting in the app
26th April 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #6  

82 posts
More
Quote:

i got to the other setting using dev tools. i downloaded the apk from the Internet and the setting are there in the development setting in the app

That little bit of info would have REALLY helped.

From your OP, you made it sound like it was FBL without anything added.

TY. Will check it out.
26th April 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #7  

82 posts
More
I don't know what you got. The Development APK I have (from Android SDK) doesn't change vm size, or any or the other settings you have.

As I said, it ain't FBL.
27th April 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

133 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwilson721

I don't know what you got. The Development APK I have (from Android SDK) doesn't change vm size, or any or the other settings you have.

As I said, it ain't FBL.

I used the build.prop to change the vmheap size. also there is an app to that too..enabled gpu rendering by adding debug.sf.hw=1 in build.prop. You can do that by using Bladebuddy app. Both the vmheap and bladebuddy are in the playstore
i enabled jit from extra settings menu in setting
the app limit and close app when user leave are in development setting menu in dev tools
Last edited by buggatti; 27th April 2012 at 04:10 AM.
29th April 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles, California
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Quote:

I used the build.prop to change the vmheap size. also there is an app to that too..enabled gpu rendering by adding debug.sf.hw=1 in build.prop. You can do that by using Bladebuddy app. Both the vmheap and bladebuddy are in the playstore
i enabled jit from extra settings menu in setting
the app limit and close app when user leave are in development setting menu in dev tools

Wheres the development settings and dev tools?
29th April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,195

9,310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEmDan

Wheres the development settings and dev tools?

It's an app called Dev tools.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j6yye9803i00i2y

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread