Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Made my g1 a LOT LOT faster

Tip us?

buggatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Made my g1 a LOT LOT faster

Hey. I am running froyo by lazlo. recently i had an idea to use development setting to kill activity immediately leave them and limit the app processes to 4. I am using lightning launcher as my main home launcher and increase vm heap to 48 and enabled JIT(sometimes its faster and sometimes slower) and enabled gpu rendering. Now my phone is flying. Apps open very fastly and according to taskkiller i have 50 mb free ram.

Bad Part. Multitasking is Dead. Sometimes playstore needs to be opened twice. mailing attachment takes longer because gmail is killed when gallery opens

cwwilson721
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggatti View Post
Hey. I am running froyo by lazlo. recently i had an idea to use development setting to kill activity immediately leave them and limit the app processes to 4. I am using lightning launcher as my main home launcher and increase vm heap to 48 and enabled JIT(sometimes its faster and sometimes slower) and enabled gpu rendering. Now my phone is flying. Apps open very fastly and according to taskkiller i have 50 mb free ram.

Bad Part. Multitasking is Dead. Sometimes playstore needs to be opened twice. mailing attachment takes longer because gmail is killed when gallery opens
Questions:
How did you do this?
I found the settings for JIT enabling, but all the others are not in the standard FBL rom, unless it's REALLY hidden...

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3298

DONATE TO ME
same here, cant find any of those settings except for jit and vm(my vm can only go to 32m), changing those 2 my first boot locked up on the home screen , 2nd boot started ok, dont c much change though, lazlo was pretty fast as it was, but after a while was laggy, backing it up and then using superwipe then restoring the backup seems to help

cwwilson721
Old
Thanks Meter 11
If I remember correctly, those options are in Gingerbread Roms, not FBL.

buggatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
i got to the other setting using dev tools. i downloaded the apk from the Internet and the setting are there in the development setting in the app

cwwilson721
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
i got to the other setting using dev tools. i downloaded the apk from the Internet and the setting are there in the development setting in the app
That little bit of info would have REALLY helped.

From your OP, you made it sound like it was FBL without anything added.

TY. Will check it out.

cwwilson721
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I don't know what you got. The Development APK I have (from Android SDK) doesn't change vm size, or any or the other settings you have.

As I said, it ain't FBL.

buggatti
Old
(Last edited by buggatti; 27th April 2012 at 03:10 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwilson721 View Post
I don't know what you got. The Development APK I have (from Android SDK) doesn't change vm size, or any or the other settings you have.

As I said, it ain't FBL.
I used the build.prop to change the vmheap size. also there is an app to that too..enabled gpu rendering by adding debug.sf.hw=1 in build.prop. You can do that by using Bladebuddy app. Both the vmheap and bladebuddy are in the playstore
i enabled jit from extra settings menu in setting
the app limit and close app when user leave are in development setting menu in dev tools

iEmDan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I used the build.prop to change the vmheap size. also there is an app to that too..enabled gpu rendering by adding debug.sf.hw=1 in build.prop. You can do that by using Bladebuddy app. Both the vmheap and bladebuddy are in the playstore
i enabled jit from extra settings menu in setting
the app limit and close app when user leave are in development setting menu in dev tools
Wheres the development settings and dev tools?

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEmDan View Post
Wheres the development settings and dev tools?
It's an app called Dev tools.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j6yye9803i00i2y
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G