Ask a question

No registration required

CM7 and MIUI for Venue

OP 985hPaKicK

19th April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #41  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,581

3,524 posts
I'm getting about 1%/hour to 1%/1.5hour on CM7 with the same setup that gets 1%/1.5h-1%/2.0h on stock 408, so it's slightly worse then 408, but not by a huge amount. All times are at idle and with the same apps installed.

Cant comment on MIUI, havnt tried it.

On a side note, it will still be a few weeks until I can make a repack since my pc is pretty much dead and I have finals coming up.
If you already have CM7 installed you wont be missing much at all, just use the zips I've linked to previously and you'll be fine.
When I do any new users can skip installing them as most of them will be pre-installed (except gapps, for CM you shouldnt bundle them directly)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #42  
Flag Mons
Thanks Meter: 57

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

On a side note, it will still be a few weeks until I can make a repack since my pc is pretty much dead and I have finals coming up.
If you already have CM7 installed you wont be missing much at all, just use the zips I've linked to previously and you'll be fine.

I can probably guess the answer, but is the Phoenix kernel from the Streak 5 compatible with the V? I'd love to have USB Host enabled.
19th April 2012, 09:00 AM   |  #43  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,581

3,524 posts
Not directly, I can say firsthand that S5 kernels dont boot on the V.

It wouldnt be difficult at all to port the phoenix kernels, but that would require being able to compile it first.

For anyone interested, take the S5/405 and V/406 kernels, then diff the phoenix kernel source against those two. S5/405 and V/406 are likely nearly identical.

It likely wouldnt take more then a couple hours to port if you can get both of them compiling (and if nothing goes wrong obviously).
24th April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I have a problem with MIUI Rom:

1. Android Market can not upgrade to Google Play Store.
2. All of Apps on Market can not download and install with Market integrated with ROM.

Anyone can help?
24th April 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #45  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patuan

I have a problem with MIUI Rom:

1. Android Market can not upgrade to Google Play Store.
2. All of Apps on Market can not download and install with Market integrated with ROM.

Anyone can help?

Fixed.
MIUI need Gapps also, not only CM7.
Last edited by patuan; 24th April 2012 at 02:42 PM.
29th April 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 6

51 posts
Smile
hii, can anyone plz give a link to the korean thread where these rom's were posted.. thanks
5th May 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #47  

60 posts
I need some pointers to install this rom

My device is upgraded to the Korean Olleh rom 2.3.3

This guide:
Few reminders on the install process. Your phone needs to be running Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) - if you need to learn how to do that please go here. You also need to have CWM installed. And the relevant ROM file(s) downloaded to the root of your SD card.

Once you're in the CWM recovery before you flash the ROM zip, you need to :
1. Wipe data/Factory Reset) in CWM recovery
2. Wipe Cache Partition
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Flash the zip(s)
5. Reboot
6. Before booting to the ROM the first time, press power and volume up and down buttons to do a Factory Reset
7. Enjoy

I can't figure the guide out, about how to boot the device up and install CWM I am afraid to brick it, I remember I used CWM before to install 2.3.3 before do I need to do it again? No need for extensive guide just bullet point would be nice thanks great site!
5th May 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #48  
Flag Mons
Thanks Meter: 57

210 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwah

I need some pointers to install this rom

I can't figure the guide out, about how to boot the device up and install CWM I am afraid to brick it, I remember I used CWM before to install 2.3.3 before do I need to do it again? No need for extensive guide just bullet point would be nice thanks great site!

Once CWM is installed, it will always be there. Before you boot to CWM, copy whichever ROM you desire to the SDCard so you can find it. To load CWM, switch mute to OFF, hold both volume buttons down and power on. You will see a menu with 3 options, choose the one to upgrage SW package and choose with the camera button. Then CWM will load. Select install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard, then find the ROM you downloaded and select it. Volume keys are up & down, camera button selects, and the back arrow goes back.
6th May 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #49  

60 posts
ok i tried that now its giving a half blue screen with text and yellow under mentioning looking for the update.pkg file not found....i tried to rename the MIUI zip file i downloaded
from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bt6ld4dqyckowy3

i must missing a step in between...any help?
6th May 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #50  
Flag Banda Aceh
Thanks Meter: 553

773 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

I'm going to eventually repack CM7 with a bunch of fixes already available for CM7 on the S5.

It's going to be the equvilent of [CM7] (Unofficial) CM 7.2 RC0 information thread

If you've already installed CM7 for the V, you can apply the optional mods from that link too, they'll work on either device.

I've also installed CM7 myself, so I'll be migrating over to making/porting stuffs for it, such as stage 1.6 (eventually)

is this repacked rom alive somewhere ... I haven't visit xda for couple weeks since I work at the "sea" ... LOL, miss xda boys so much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui, venue
Previous Thread Next Thread