FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Stock ICS Launcher with official ICS update?

28th April 2012, 11:03 AM |#1  
Ryjabo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
When this phone gets updated to ICS... I realize that it won't come with the stock launcher, but if I were to install the actual stock launcher would it work? I know there are a lot of Google apps that can't be installed without other Google services or framework things installed, so that's why I'm asking.

And I don't mean some hack-job port of it from the Market... I am talking about the real thing.
 
 
28th April 2012, 01:44 PM |#2  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 11,935
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjabo

When this phone gets updated to ICS... I realize that it won't come with the stock launcher, but if I were to install the actual stock launcher would it work? I know there are a lot of Google apps that can't be installed without other Google services or framework things installed, so that's why I'm asking.

And I don't mean some hack-job port of it from the Market... I am talking about the real thing.

Actually it will have the stock launcher included. You'll just need to make it the primary.
28th April 2012, 01:55 PM |#3  
Ryjabo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

Actually it will have the stock launcher included. You'll just need to make it the primary.

How do you know this?

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint
28th April 2012, 03:25 PM |#4  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter: 11,935
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjabo

How do you know this?

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint

I guess I really don't know, it's more an educated guess. I based it on the fact that every version of Android that's been released so far (official or otherwise) had had it.

Samsung just likes to make TW the default. Download Homesmack or Home Switcher to change your default.
28th April 2012, 03:35 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 493
 
More
It will have the stock launcher included, you just have to clear defaults for the twiz launcher in settings. The current gb version has the stock gb launcher hidden away and all of the ics leaks have had the stock ics launcher hidden away.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 11:53 PM |#6  
Ryjabo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsway8605

It will have the stock launcher included, you just have to clear defaults for the twiz launcher in settings. The current gb version has the stock gb launcher hidden away and all of the ics leaks have had the stock ics launcher hidden away.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The stock GB TW has a launcher like the stock GB launcher but it is not stock... it is like a gimp knockoff.

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint
29th April 2012, 01:20 AM |#7  
kingdazy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 712
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjabo

The stock GB TW has a launcher like the stock GB launcher but it is not stock... it is like a gimp knockoff.

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint

The launcher is stock, lots of the apps are not.


Sent from my calculator watch.
29th April 2012, 02:02 AM |#8  
MeWarning's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waukesha, WI
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Ya it has the stock launcher. That's what I use.
29th April 2012, 05:38 AM |#9  
Ryjabo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdazy

The launcher is stock, lots of the apps are not.

Sent from my calculator watch.

Not the other one with 2.3 TW...

XDA Premium | Galaxy Nexus | Sprint
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes