Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

OP eyeballer

28th April 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #551  
Thanks Meter: 60

281 posts
I have just noticed that there is now an option in default CM9 to make /emmc the default storage for apps, media, etc. I finally have a way to use that space decently without wasting it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afzalarsalan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #552  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,362

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
ReverendJKR posted a great video on TWRP and Goo Manager: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0S275XO3U

He uses the HP TouchPad for the demo but the nook color is fully supported with my nightlies. And the incremental updates feature is coming soon for those who like to update daily.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #553  

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
And incremental updates are live! Update Goo Manager in the play store (v2.0.4).

Currently incremental updates will ONLY be offered by the app when attempting to update from the previous night's build. If you miss a night, you'll have to flash the full rom, then incrementals will be available again. Incremental updates are 35-40mb (depending on how much changes of course) vs a full 120mb nightly. They also don't format /system each flash like a full rom does. So faster downloads, faster flashes and less wear on the flash memory of your device.

Please note:
1) This feature is still experimental, please let me know if you hit any issues.
2) Incremental updates will work with CWM but require handing off or manually flashing. If you use TWRP the updates happen at the press of a button.. TWRP offers the best user experience. You can install TWRP via goo manager by going to menu-install openscriptrecovery.
3) This is only for emmc setups not sdcard installs

Huge huge thanks to s0up for making this possible!
Last edited by eyeballer; 29th April 2012 at 04:38 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #554  
Thanks Meter: 19

97 posts
Is it possible to switch from samiam03's nightlies and eyeballer's nightlies without losing data/apps/settings? As in, can I just flash eyeballer's nightly over samiam03's on my sd card install?

Thanks!
29th April 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #555  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,696

8,420 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemills8

Is it possible to switch from samiam03's nightlies and eyeballer's nightlies without losing data/apps/settings? As in, can I just flash eyeballer's nightly over samiam03's on my sd card install?

Thanks!

Those two are interchangeable. Flash one over the other with no problems. All data, apps and settings stay. But use the SD card installer, not CWM recovery or TWRP. I'm not sure how the incremental will work with SD installs, I'm hoping they will work. Sounds like they should.
Last edited by leapinlar; 29th April 2012 at 04:38 AM.
29th April 2012, 04:37 AM   |  #556  

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemills8

Thanks!

Yes, you can switch between them as you like.
29th April 2012, 05:06 AM   |  #557  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,513

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
When I go from eyeballer to Sam's, I lose my gapps. And everytime I flash after that until I restore a backup. Not from Sam to eyeballer, though.

I'm sure there is an easy solution, but instead of looking for it, I just use eyeballers if I need an update zip stat. Better to use regularly clobbered builds anyway, the prebuilts are up to date.
29th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #558  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,574

4,088 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer

And incremental updates are live! Update Goo Manager in the play store (v2.0.4).

Currently incremental updates will ONLY be offered by the app when attempting to update from the previous night's build. If you miss a night, you'll have to flash the full rom, then incrementals will be available again. Incremental updates are 35-40mb (depending on how much changes of course) vs a full 120mb nightly. They also don't format /system each flash like a full rom does. So faster downloads, faster flashes and less wear on the flash memory of your device.

Please note:
1) This feature is still experimental, please let me know if you hit any issues.
2) Incremental updates will work with CWM but require handing off or manually flashing. If you use TWRP the updates happen at the press of a button.. TWRP offers the best user experience. You can install TWRP via goo manager by going to menu-install openscriptrecovery.
3) This is only for emmc setups not sdcard installs

Huge huge thanks to s0up for making this possible!

Thanks eyeballer, this is great. 2 questions.

1. If i go to twrp manually to install zips, it doesnt seem to properly show my sd card files. it says im looking at the sd dir but shows emmc folders?

2. When i install zips from the goo app, if i check to install gapps and rom at the same time. does it matter that it installs the gapps before the rom? doesnt seem to have an issue.
29th April 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #559  

1,261 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus26jc

Thanks eyeballer, this is great. 2 questions.

1. If i go to twrp manually to install zips, it doesnt seem to properly show my sd card files. it says im looking at the sd dir but shows emmc folders?

2. When i install zips from the goo app, if i check to install gapps and rom at the same time. does it matter that it installs the gapps before the rom? doesnt seem to have an issue.

1. Look under the mounts menu and change the radio button to external sdcard. TWRP can support both internal and external memory
2. It shouldnt really matter but you can order the files in the goo app before you hit flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeballer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #560  
Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,574

4,088 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer

1. Look under the mounts menu and change the radio button to external sdcard. TWRP can support both internal and external memory
2. It shouldnt really matter but you can order the files in the goo app before you hit flash.

ahh thanks. that worked.
btw, thanks for everything. stuff that was driving me crazy before seem to be fixed, such as lockscreen being landscape on a reboot by default is now portrait like i want
Open gl seems to run great for me as well. Not sure what you did since 4/20 (my last update) but homescreen transition and everything else is butter smooth now.
Last edited by incubus26jc; 29th April 2012 at 06:49 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly
Previous Thread Next Thread