XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking SGS 2 Skyrocket

Tip us?

Legion6789
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unlocking SGS 2 Skyrocket

I looked around the forums and didn't see any programs to unlock the phone, but I've seen a few sites that will send you the unlock code for a fee if you give them your IMEI.

Question is, where do they get the unlock code? Is it created by an algorithm based on the IMEI? Is it just a big lookup table? Also, how did all these sites get the algorithm/lookup table?

kkiran
Old
Thanks Meter 1
An answer to this Q would be wonderful but I think if the algo is out, then carriers won't be happy. I think there is a global database from where these resellers sell us unlock codes.

Hope someone with some insider knowledge will jump in with a better answer!

jyazzie110
Old
Thanks Meter 262

DONATE TO ME
Sill no ones answered this question???

andrewsnh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyazzie110 View Post
Sill no ones answered this question???
You need to buy unlock code. Program unlock unavailable yet.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

look here

Haxel
Old
(Last edited by Haxel; 29th April 2012 at 05:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48
or here also

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599027

of course the real question jyazzie110 was answered in post #2, only thing he/she was originally asking can only be 100% confirmed by an "insider". From my experience post #2 is correct even though I'm not a true "insider".

----

Oh forgot to add, I can tell you this much. Your carrier has to purchase the codes in blocks from the manufacture vendor, which is why a lot of times the carriers will not have the codes for several months and be telling the truth. They are lying to you in the standpoint "the codes aren't available yet from the manufacturer", the reality is they have not PURCHASED them yet. Its a completely convoluted system that I believe just subsidizes the manufacturers.