Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about returning phone

Tip us?

snowcamo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Question about returning phone

Hey guys I need to return my phone to be fixed, but have a slight problem. The firmware is all stock except for when it boots up it says it is a GT-I9100. This is left from a previous flash that I did, but I went back to stock and never bothered to fix that, because it didn't really bug me. Now my phone won't recognize a charger or any usb plugs. My question is will Samsung/AT&T still accept my phone for replacement with this? If not is there anyway I can fix the boot screen without plugging my phone in? Thanks guys sorry for the noob question, but I am not really sure what to do and this is kind of a specific problem, so I couldn't find anything in the search. Once again really appreciate any help!
The Following User Says Thank You to snowcamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crusecontrl
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Play dumb and say it's always said that you didn't know the model number of your phone was a 727 lol

*** No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. ***

Nick281051
Old
Thanks Meter 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusecontrl View Post
Play dumb and say it's always said that you didn't know the model number of your phone was a 727 lol

*** No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. ***
777 you mean? This isn't the skyrocket forums

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

HTC Inspire 4g collecting dust

Old Phone: Samsung Captivate (At&t)- Returned
HTC Tilt 2 (AT&T)- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Nice job bro! Not only have you insulted the dev of the rom thread you're posting in , but you also took offense to an internet forum post which has no bearing on your life! This is the internet bro. You've got to have a thick skin.

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusecontrl View Post
No, don't do that.

You can either use Mobile Odin to remove it, or do a complete Return to Stock using Odin.
Phone: Galaxy S4 Mini Black Edition (GT-9195)
Firmware: SlimKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5, AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)

So say we all.

snowcamo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
No, don't do that.

You can either use Mobile Odin to remove it, or do a complete Return to Stock using Odin.
Can I use Mobile Odin with a stock firmware? Seems like you shouldn't be able to flash your phone from your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowcamo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcamo View Post
Can I use Mobile Odin with a stock firmware? Seems like you shouldn't be able to flash your phone from your device.
You're absolutely right. For some reason I thought you were stock rooted...my mistake. Use my second option then.
Phone: Galaxy S4 Mini Black Edition (GT-9195)
Firmware: SlimKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5, AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)

So say we all.

karate104
Old
Thanks Meter 104
As long as you root it, you can use Mobile Odin. Not like it matters anyway, you just need to get rid of the GT-I9100 and then flash back to stock again, thus eliminating root.

Did Odin one-click back to stock not work for you? Because it sounds like you might have flashed I9100 bootloaders and flashing I777 bootloaders should fix it (which if I'm not mkstaken, the one click does include). Someone correct me on both points if I'm wrong , I'm simply conjecturing.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Current Configuration
Phone: AT&T GS4 (SGH-I337)
ROM: Stock [4.2.2]MF3, rooted, manually debloated, and lightly themed using Wanam Xposed v.2.7.4
Kernel: Stock 3.4.0 kernel
Modem: I337UCUAMF3

Dedicated Music Player: AT&T GS2 (SGH-I777) running [4.4.2]SuperNexus 4.0 (Build 1) with included RenderBroken CM-11 Kernel (2013-12-17 Build)

Avatar Image taken from Karen Hallion

snowcamo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It would be great if I could just flash the bootloaders, but I can't connect my phone to my computer

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2962

DONATE TO ME
Some folks have reported that they could get their phone to connect via usb after cleaning the usb port with alcohol. Have you tried that?

karate104
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Can you get into dl mode?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Current Configuration
Phone: AT&T GS4 (SGH-I337)
ROM: Stock [4.2.2]MF3, rooted, manually debloated, and lightly themed using Wanam Xposed v.2.7.4
Kernel: Stock 3.4.0 kernel
Modem: I337UCUAMF3

Dedicated Music Player: AT&T GS2 (SGH-I777) running [4.4.2]SuperNexus 4.0 (Build 1) with included RenderBroken CM-11 Kernel (2013-12-17 Build)

Avatar Image taken from Karen Hallion