XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sense 3.0, 3.6 or 4.0 on Galaxy s2

Tip us?

yellowfever69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sense 3.0, 3.6 or 4.0 on Galaxy s2

Would it be possible to port a sense rom on the galaxy s2? Even though I know everything is different.
How would it be possible to port it? I know there is a sense rom on the nexus s gsm.

kcbboy
Old
Thanks Meter 407
if a port hasn't successfully been done yet I don't think It ever will. I had a vibrant before and the sense project they had going for that never made it out of alpha. Not saying it's entirely impossible but it is a lot of work porting an HTC rom to a samsung phone.

Novarox
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I too would love a sense ROM. Doesn't hurt to cross your fingers, throw salt over your shoulder AND hold your breath, right?

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 441
cant never could

don728871
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214 View Post
cant never could

Wast of a post you sir are a waste and an negitive.person at best it can and well.
..I can't dev but u never know after ice leaks dev have some time requst it it could be a new thing bro it is xda exterme awesomeness
..now that is a post ^ suck if
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Pete1612
Old
Thanks Meter 35
it would be possible, it's like the LG custom "theme" on macnut. The good thing is also that the Amaze 4G has the smae processor as the T989 which makes it easer to port a rom or the theme. Btw the Amaze 4G also has a ICS leak...
Killbynature Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1612 View Post
it would be possible, it's like the LG custom "theme" on macnut. The good thing is also that the Amaze 4G has the smae processor as the T989 which makes it easer to port a rom or the theme. Btw the Amaze 4G also has a ICS leak...
No just because two device has the same processors doesn't make it any easier to port. HTC sense like touchwiz will always be closed source. Rils drivers down to the changes in the kernel are very different. Is it possible yes, But it's a lot of work without any propertiarty stuff available. It's even worse then making your own ics rom from source. For a device that is not a nexus.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by don728871 View Post
Wast of a post you sir are a waste and an negitive.person at best it can and well.
..I can't dev but u never know after ice leaks dev have some time requst it it could be a new thing bro it is xda exterme awesomeness
you are actually ignorant that is a saying cant never could it means there is nothing that you cant do. if you put your mind on doing it you would succeed.

mikeb85
Old
Thanks Meter 80
If I remember correctly there was a dev working on this before ics came along... can't remember who tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

thederekjay
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by don728871 View Post
That's a waste of a post... Hell this is a waste of a thread... It will never happen...

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."
: : D A R K S I D E : :

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE."

Find me [HERE] on Google+

Follow me @DARKSIDE_TDJ on Twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to thederekjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]