FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[Q] Hiding an app from windowsphone.com marketplace

Thanks Meter: 8

By kevyn82, Senior Member on 27th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th April 2012, 09:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riva del Garda
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks,
I don't want to change or edit the registry.
I just wanted to know how it works:

my question was:

how is it possible that I can access my TIM ITALIA private marketplace since I am using a VODAFONE ITALY branded phone?

Apparently is not a registry key. There should be something on the SIM Card,
unless LG's app "Network configurator" changes that key according to the SIM Card insert.

Where did you read that I want to change that registry key?

29th April 2012, 10:11 AM |#12  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Do *NOT* change the registry to do this! I'm not even sure if that would work short-term, and long-term it would mess up your phone (break the Marketplace and all apps installed from it until you hard-reset).

There are a couple of apps that will safely change the MOMarketplace. They are similar to my OEM Marketplace XAPs, except they work as actual apps that you install and then make a selection in (requires root-unlock). One of them even allows you to lock the file read-only so the phone doesn't overwrite it with its branded one.

Why not just save a copy of your prefered file, and after an updated copy that over the restricted mess ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, hide, marketplace
Previous Thread Next Thread