Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Tip us?

MДЯCЦSДИT
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4621

DONATE TO ME
Default What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MДЯCЦSДИT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjben
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I wont use the ICS roms like AOKP or CM because there always seems to be something that doesn't work that I consider important to my personal daily use. I find it quite impressive that the roms have more customization that anyone could possibly use, but something that I need every day like VM or video recording wont work properly. And then there are the little things like volume and light levels or audio routing. I mean, there always seems to be something wrong with them, something that affects my normal minute by minute use of the phone.

further, I don't understand why the google apps aren't built-in. No, it's not that hard to download and flash the gapps, but at the moment I'm trying to do just that and the link isn't working- so no gapps for me, so no AOKP for me either. (yeah, I was going to give it a try).

lastly, white for the calendar background is about as enjoyable to look at as much as burlap makes for a choice undergarment material.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjben For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epicnoob66
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I like stock CM 9 beta 3, but I keep going back to the Nyan kernel for the voodoo color. Anyone else?
am I the only one that wants to see voodoo on Cm 9

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicnoob66 View Post
I like stock CM 9 beta 3, but I keep going back to the Nyan kernel for the voodoo color. Anyone else?
Not me. I would much prefer a kernel as awesome as Nyan without Voodoo Color. Sure, while it does make the colors juicier and the backgrounds smoother, it's not as natural to me. The screen is much darker and if you try to brighten it, it seems almost washed out. I've tried it and have tried many different settings a bunch of people recommend, and maybe it's just me but I really hope they don't include it in any ROM. Considering that CM9 is meant to be an improved "stock" experience for all, the idea of changing the color contrast is too controversial. Many will like it, many will hate it. But for now, they should just keep what they have as most people don't seem all that upset about it. If you are, than just flash Nyan Kernel.

zman519
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicnoob66 View Post
I like voodo color

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.
“Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John F. Kennedy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13758
The people('s ROM) is stopping me..

too many updates and needed fixes for me on CM9, plus the lack of 4g and/or battery life....

Sent using FTL technology from the resurrection ship.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

AproSamurai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict View Post
The people('s ROM) is stopping me..

too many updates and needed fixes for me on CM9, plus the lack of 4g and/or battery life....

Sent using FTL technology from the resurrection ship.
All other things I understand fully, so I can't sway your opinion(not that I would try) but 4G in CM9? When I last checked it's working. Do you not have it in your area?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devices Owned: Sprint Samsung Moment, Epic 4G, Galaxy S3, HTC One m8
[My GitHub] [My Twitter]

marx1201
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I used CM9 about a week on my SGS. I had some minor problems, but the worst think was, that my battery drains like hell. About 14h of normal ussage and that think was dry like a stone!
Now I'm back on MIUI Mintberry, I miss some ICS features but that Rom is stable as hell!

tazfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1226
I go back and fourth with cm7 and cm9. i was on 9 for the longest but went back to 7 due to battery life.

Thanks Yorzua and Texas for amazing banners.
Thanks qbking for his how to videos.
Support Autism Awareness here.
If a member helps you remember to hit "Thanks" on their post.
“The best beer in the world is the one in my hand." - Charlie Papazian
Retired devices: Samsung Epic, Kindle Fire, Samsung GS3
Current devices: Samsung 10.1, HTC One M8 H&K

XxLostSoulxX
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic View Post
I go back and fourth with cm7 and cm9. i was on 9 for the longest but went back to 7 due to battery life.
Hop on Aokp then Cm7 See if its better than Cm9
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz