Originally Posted by t_r_j
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but I can not find the answer if it has.
How does one capture the OTA update.zip?
Here is how I did:
1. Download and install Wireshark
2. Download and install Connectify Lite (so you can turn your PC with Wifi to a Wifi hotspot)
3. Use your PC to connect to the internet via LAN cable
4. Run Connectify, share the internet connection
5. Run Wireshark and start capturing packet from the LAN interface (make sure there are no software connecting to the internet)
6. Connect your Acer A500 to your Wifi hotspot on PC
7. On Acer A500: open Settings -> About -> System -> Check for update -> Click Download and Install
8. In the Wireshark window you will see many packets, you can stop capturing now.
9. Look in the upper part of Wireshark -> search for something like: GET /Acer_A500_4.010.40_7.006.03_COM_GEN1_1316137926088 _14fd4822.zip HTTP 1.1 ....
10. This is the file you want to download